Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    corbettshane Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2011, 06:38 AM
    Replacing an output shaft seal 1986 accord
    Can I replace this seal without removing the transmission? It has a manual transmission.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Sep 19, 2011, 07:43 AM
    I don't know for sure about an 86' Accord but I recently replace mine on my 04' Pontiac.

I can't imagine why you would have to remove the transmission to replace the seal. Since you should be able to follow the halfshaft all the way to the trans. Once the halfshaft is removed you should see your seal...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to change a shaft seal at the bottom of a ridining mower [ 1 Answers ]

I have an MTD riding mower and the bottome shadt seal is leaking oil; How do I remove the shaft and change the seal? I have the enigine loose but the PUlly won't allow the engine to come all the way off.

1995 Honda Civic HELP changing front wheel bearing and seal and half shaft [ 3 Answers ]

I was told my car needs the front left wheel bearing and seal (510015) changed and both front half shafts. Can any one explain to me how I could do this?

Maytag Washer LAT8506 leaks at tub/shaft seal [ 0 Answers ]

Matag topload washer (model LAT8506AAE) and leaks at the tub/driveshaft seal. Can it be tightened? I removed the agitator and didn't see any way to tighten or get it apart, though I didn't scrub away the crusted accumulation of detergent because it didn't appear there was anything there to...

Manual transmission shift shaft seal [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me where I can buy a shift shaft seal for a 94 ford ranger? I can't seem to find anyone who sells them.:confused:

View more questions Search