Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zaboo765 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2011, 12:19 PM
    If I'm in 8th grade what classes could I be takeing to become a zoologist?
    I just wanted to know so I could get ahead of my long studies. ~thanks~
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 8, 2011, 12:27 PM

Take all the ones that the school requires (English, history, math, science) and do well in them. Take keyboarding -- that will serve you well for years to come. In high school, you won't have much choice. In college, take courses in sociology and psychology, all the science and math you can, but don't neglect courses in English and history. Your college advisor will be a big help.

The main thing in high school is to listen well, participate in class, and get good grades. Join clubs that interest you, even chess club or future teachers club (for speaking in front of others and organizing your work).
    southamerica Posts: 667, Reputation: 400

Jul 8, 2011, 12:48 PM

Yes, study hard for ALL of your subjects and do well in high school.

I'm not sure how it works at your high school, but I was able to take Advanced Placement (AP) college credit courses. Focus on getting into honors or AP classes, especially those that focus on natural sciences (for Zoology). You'll have the chance to select some electives too come Junior year (again - if your school is like mine was), so just look into what kind of courses will serve your goals best (science and animal related).

Like Wondergirl said, study hard and join clubs and activities. Doing well in high school will help you in college no matter WHAT you study.

Good luck and very well done looking ahead and planning for your dreams!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am in 8th grade. [ 8 Answers ]

I am in 8th grade and I need to do a Science Fair Project. Does anyone have any ideas? PLEASE HELP ME!

What classes do you need to take in high school to become a zoologist [ 6 Answers ]

Hi my name is monique I am 11 going on 12 and I really need some help on what classes to take in high school if I want to be a zoologist and what enter score do I need to get into a good college??

I'm 15 and I'm going to 8th grade , I don't want to do 8th grade I want to skip to 9th [ 11 Answers ]

I stayed back in 4th grade and 5th grade , now I'm becoming a 8th grader , I'm really ready for high school even though my grades are a little low , can you help me shoud I move to a other country so they could skip me?

8th grade standards [ 2 Answers ]

I'm in 7th grade this year. But I'm the sort of kid who likes to prepare. I want to know what I need to know for 8th grade. I want to know like, let say, in 8th grade, you are to learn "linear graphing" or something. Not just the state standard thing. I'm in an advanced math this year in 7th...

Since 8th grade [ 15 Answers ]

When I was in 8th grade I realized I had feelings for one of my guy friends. Not a close friend but a simple crush nothing more. And he liked me too. But then this girl all of a sudden started crushing on him and then he liked her and then that was it they were going out and me and him were...

View more questions Search