Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elljaysz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2011, 07:50 PM
    Can my daughter be returned or leave foster care when she's 16
    I was in a violent relationship, dad had died, my mum abandoned me & numerous other things were going on. I approached social services for help, They suggested I puy my children in care until I get sorted, I said no but will let them stay wiv my aunt for a few weeks. My intention was to let them stay there, I sort myself out, move away from my ex, get social services of my back and get my kids back. Me asking for help resulted in my children being permanently fostered. I turned to drugs, got clean & my life back on track. Ive tried everything to get them returned & I've not been successful. Can my daughter come back when she's 16?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 10, 2011, 07:58 PM

Where are you located?
    elljaysz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2011, 08:13 PM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    Surrey
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 10, 2011, 08:26 PM

Here's from teenissues.co.uk --

Fostering Teenagers in the United Kingdom
    When a teenager is fostered it means that the Local Authority is legally responsible for the teen, but families or individuals are needed to carry out the day to day tasks of caring for him or her. How long a teen remains fostered will depend upon his or her specific case. For example, teens with certain disabilities may remain in the care of the Local Authority for the rest of their lives while other teens may only stay in the care of the Local Authority until they reach a legal age limit and still others may return to their own family if circumstances permit.

I don't know (and can't seem to find out) what the legal age is in the UK. I'm thinking 18. Our UK experts are probably in bed now, but will see this question in the morning. I will PM one of them to look for it.
    fightingmum Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2012, 11:29 AM
    Please help.my daughter has been in care for 2 years which was only meant to be 6 months and she has now been moved from the foster home she was in to another without my knowledge.Iv had a hard few years and couldn't cope with how she behaving so I agreed to the short term foster care.Nothing changed for the first year but she has now become a young lady and I want her back.I don't know where to start.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a 17 year old leave foster care in the state of Kentucky? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm am a 17 year old girl , Ive been in a foster home for the past 6 months and I really want to go home, I miss my family and I'm missing out on my nephews and nieces grow up and I really miss my boy friend, I went to court and my dad told the judge he didn't want me any more, is there any thing...

In Texas foster care can a child leave when they are 17 [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter is 16 in foster care in Texas I live in louisana she will be 17 in in June can she emancipate her self at 17 out of the system?

Could my daughter go into foster care. [ 11 Answers ]

My ex was recently awarded sole decision making as well as res custody of our 4 yr old daughter. Today I put a restrainer on him because he was constantly calling harassing me and rubin it in my face. He is court ordered to pay spousal support and has been doing so threw the USPS. I believe him...

View more questions Search