Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jabag11 Posts: 105, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2010, 02:05 PM
    Can having your cell phone near you while sleeping disrupt your sleep?
    I've heard this from multiple sources, that there's something about the cell phone that can possibly disrupt your sleep. That it should be at least 6 feet away from you. Is this true?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 31, 2010, 03:43 PM

Only when it rings
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 31, 2010, 05:37 PM

There are all sorts of electronic transmissions from all sorts of electronic devices. And there are studies that can prove almost anything, but first why do you sleep with it turned on, but no it should have no effect on your sleep
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 31, 2010, 06:11 PM

I researched this and found that the best thing to do (since we don't know yet what effects cell phones have on our bodies--so far, studies have found there is no effect) that you turn off the phone when you sleep with it nearby. If you want to be extra careful, lay the turned-off phone so the back side is facing away from you.

Even if there's no problem with cell phones, these two small, easy steps might be enough of a relief for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I transfer my cell phone contact list from phone to computer? [ 6 Answers ]

Can I transfer my cell phone contact list from my cell phone onto my computer? I have a LG AX8600 cell phone. What type cord will I need to use for my computer and cell phone?

Can I access my cell phone contacts from my computer (online) if I haven't my phone? [ 6 Answers ]

I need to get some contacts from my verizon cell phone, but I don't have my phone. Is there any way I can access this online?

Blocked Phone number calling wireless cell phone [ 4 Answers ]

Hello my name is Jessica. Is there anyway anyone can help me figure out a blocked number that is calling my cell phone? If there is anyway to find out who the blokced number is that is really calling me.

Which is the best cell phone and cell phone plan in Verizon? [ 5 Answers ]

Which is the best cell phone and cell phone plan in Verizon?My contract is about to end.I want to switch to Verizon.So any suggestions?

View more questions Search