Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jabag11 Posts: 105, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2010, 12:32 PM
    What is the best way to get rid of a cold?
    I am 19, a male, in good shape, and have a soar throat and coughs, and that is it really. Currently I am taking 2,000mg of Vitamin C a day to help, drinkig a lot of fluids, some medicine, and keeping warm.

Note that I want to get rid of this cold as fast as possible! But not in a crazy unhealthy way, but just to get rid of it! All inputs are greatly apprecited thank you!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 30, 2010, 12:52 PM

Make sure the fluids are spaced out through the day, say, an 8-oz. glassful every two hours. The same for the C -- say, 500 mg. every hour, not thousands all at once.
    jabag11 Posts: 105, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2010, 04:55 PM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    Interesting, thank you!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 30, 2010, 05:03 PM

You want regular flushing of your system, thus the liquids spaced out every hour or two. Vitamin C is flushed out in liquids because your body can use only so much. If you give it 3,000 mg. at one time, your body may use only 500 mg. and get rid of the rest. Thus, take smaller amounts frequently, so less is flushed and more total is absorbed by your body to fight the cold (500 mg. absorbed every hour is better than 500 mg. absorbed every eight hours).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My ac unit is not cooling, the large copper line is cold but not super cold, [ 7 Answers ]

My ac unit is not cooling, the large copper line is cold but not super cold, my husband changed the filter and we set the ac to 78 and it has been at 81 for about an hour. What other things should we check for before we call an AC repair person.

Cold and drafty from ceiling mounted cold air return [ 1 Answers ]

I recently purchased a adobe style home built in 2000 with a Single Roof Mounted combined HVAC system in the Albuquerque New Mexico Area. Directly below the HVAC is the only cold air return duct work located in the ceiling of the Hallway on one end of the Home. A single Thermostat for the entire...

Furnace blowing cold air.starts out warm, goes to cold. [ 6 Answers ]

Hoping for help here. I recently had my ignitor replaced. Before that, the furnace wasn't working at all. Now it starts blowing warm (not hot) air, then gradually over a period of a couple of hours, the air cools down until it is completely cold and the temperature in the house drops drastically....

View more questions Search