Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tinapray Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2010, 08:50 AM
    Is it a violation if your doctor sends a letter regarding you to your husband
    I filed a complaint regarding charges and a letter was sent to my husband regarding this and I never gave permission for any info regarding myself to be given to anyone
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2010, 08:55 AM

You may want to check again... most married couples DO give that permission.. and you only have to do it once. It remains on file after that.

And I can't think of any good reasons NOT to have your spouse have that permission and a lot of very good reasons FOR doing it.

Why are you so worried about what you husband might find out.

Also... was it addressed to HIM by name (which would be wrong without a permission being on file)... or just sent to your house where he could read it?

I think there are issues here that extend way beyond a possible HIPPA violation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Doctor violation of HIPAA law [ 6 Answers ]

Dr.A. access' Dr. B's patient medical charts(there has never been a reason/need for them to share patient medical info), embellishing the charts with false information and sends the patient files along with an anonymous complaint to the state medical board. Is this a HIPAA violation? How does Dr....

My husband already went to doctor he's good why can't I get pregnant? [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for 5yrs going to 6yrs and I have not gotten pregnant why? He has already been to a doctor and we got all results and there all good. What could be wrong with me?

Have letter from doctor stating I am terminally ill will this end my probation? [ 1 Answers ]

I have violated my probation after 11 months because I cannot pay the fine. I have a terminal illness, and documentation from a doctor confirming this, and from and mri showing severe arthritis in my back. I have done 102 hours of community service and paid $725.00 towards my fine of $2,700...

Is emailing a doctor a HIPAA violation? [ 1 Answers ]

I emailed my doctor regarding a health issue. I found out later he was out for a period and contacted his associate through a nurse. Today, the doctor returned and read my email. I was contacted by a nurse that said that I cannot email the doctor because it IS a HiPPA violation. She said it was not...

Evita sends a letter to the super-delegates [ 8 Answers ]

Here it is : Dear ___________, The stakes in this election are so high: with two wars abroad, our economy in crisis here at home, and so many families struggling across America, the need for new leadership has never been greater. At this point, we do not yet have a nominee – and when the...

View more questions Search