Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LabDog Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2010, 09:09 AM
    Demand for detailed medical information.
    A long-time employee of a state government institution suffers from a chronic incurable medical condition. The condition does not prevent him/her from performing his/her work, but at times does involve doctor visits and occasionally to limit hours (commonly 60 to 80 hours per week including off-site work). A 40 hour week would be considered short by the employee's usual standard. Recently, the employee received a form demanding detailed information regarding treatments, medications, doctors visited, etc. This is an ADA registered employee who is just a few years from retirement. The employee thinks efforts are afoot to terminate the employment. Also, over the many years on the job, the employee has maintained excellent performance reviews from immediate supervision. Is the request for this type of information proper, and does it violate any ADA or HIPAA laws?

Check out some similar questions!

Request for medical information question [ 1 Answers ]

An attorney's office sent our medical office a request for patient information signed and dated by the patient. Two months later the same office sent another request which was an exact duplicate of the first with the date changed (if you hold them up to the light they are identical) what they did...

Important medical information (for women) [ 6 Answers ]

Pregnancy, Oestrogen, and Women PREGNANCY Q & A & more! Q: Should I have a baby after 35? A: No, 35 children is enough. Q : I'm two months pregnant now. When will my baby move? A: With any luck, right after he finishes college.

Re-release of hipaa medical information? [ 5 Answers ]

Can a hospital emergency room release medical information to a bill collector if they lost the patient information release authorization? Is that release considered lawful? Richl

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.