Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ALEXWHITEFOOT Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2010, 01:34 AM
    Heartbroken dad of 2
    How long does it take before I can breathe sleep and eat again
    Hi guys girls my 7 year relationship which I tried so hard to stop ending and saying goodbye to my two daughters 1 and 6 I just can't function, I have to move out in 1 day and say goodbye not my choice but forced to do it she won't even say she won't give up on me. So past heartbroken can't eat can't sleep can't breathe can't watch television can't relax I feel as if someone standing on my chest and if eveything I've known has gone I just always wanted to be loved and have someone to cuddle up to at nights
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2010, 02:04 AM

Can you give us more? Like what reasons are behind this split?

Is this out of the blue? Are you "innocent"?

We need more to respond to, please.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2010, 04:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ALEXWHITEFOOT View Post
    How long does it take before i can breathe sleep and eat again
    hi guys girls my 7 year relationship which i tried so hard to stop ending and saying goodbye to my two daughters 1 and 6 i just can't function, i hav to move out in 1 day and say goodbye not my choice but forced to do it she wont even say she wont give up on me. so past heartbroken can't eat can't sleep can't breathe can't watch television can't relax i feel as if someone standing on my chest and if eveything ive known has gone i just always wanted to be loved and have someone to cuddle up to at nights
    Time... that is truly what it takes. So sorry you are going through so much pain, but as cliché as it may sound, it will get easier with time and things will hold a different perspective.

No fast way to get through it however, so focus on taking care of yourself, allow yourself time to grieve, spend time with family and friends, see your girls when you can. Do your best to keep things as "normal" for them as you can in regard to what you say and how you behave.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2010, 05:04 AM

What happened that caused the abrupt end of your relationship? A few more details may give us a little insight as to what was going on.

Break ups are really hard. It'll take a while, but you'll slowly be able to breath, eat and function again.

Just be certain that the end of the relationship with her is not the end of the relationship with your children. If you need to, get a lawyer and get visitation started ASAP. The kids need you even if she's decided she doesn't.
    beachloverjohn Posts: 491, Reputation: 242

Sep 15, 2010, 09:11 PM

What you feel is not going to go away for a long time. So the best thing you can do is try to keep as busy as you possibly can. No matter who or what caused this breakup, it is natural for you to blame yourself. Eventually, the hurt will be start to go away, and you will be able to function again. But give yourself all the time you need. And hopefully, you will learn from the mistakes that were made and love someone again, and you will be loved again. It will happen someday, but for now try to get yourself to a support group so you won't feel so isolated as I'm sure you feel.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 15, 2010, 09:47 PM

Make every moment with your kids special. You may not get to see them every day, but when you do see them, make it count.

I can't imagine the pain you're going through. I know I'd be a mess if I couldn't be with my kids every day, but you will get used to this, it will get easier, and you will find a way to make it work, for the sake of your kids.

Seeing a therapist would be a good idea at this time. A therapist can help you deal with the feelings you're having, not only the break up but the situation with your kids, your sleep issues, etc. It's good to get things off your chest and learn how to deal with the future.

Hang in there, it will get better.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

For those who are heartbroken. [ 23 Answers ]

A lot of us browsing through these pages are probably facing heartbreak, I know I was when I first stumbled onto these pages. I just want to show my appreciation for those caring enough to reply to my threads and help me become who I am today.If your willing to read, I'm going to tell you my...

Heartbroken... What can I do? [ 25 Answers ]

I'm new to this forum and need your help! Sorry this is going to be so long, but please bear with me! My boyfriend (or ex now) broke up with me 2 weeks ago and I'm devastated. We met last September, I really liked him when I met him but didn't really want a relationship at the time as I had...

Heartbroken [ 7 Answers ]

I don't know what to do. My Partner ( we are a females same sex couple) still lives at home, sleeping in the same bed together, but wants to separate after 18 years. She has gone to a Solicitor and he advised her to seek Mediation, as we can't agree what do to next. Both of us don't want to sell...

Still heartbroken [ 9 Answers ]

It's been 5 days since she shaid she wanted time off and I can't get her out of my mind. I cry in the shower, stare at her Facebook profile, wondering how I will ever get back the one I thought that was the one. I've read love yourself stickys over and over. I've read how to find your soul mate...

Heartbroken [ 2 Answers ]

I am using this forum because I am in a really desperate place. My (ex)boyfriend Bryan and I have been very close, and been together for about 2 and a half years. Im 20, he's 22. So, things between us have generally been amazing. Very much in love, very happy with one another. He was my other...

View more questions Search