Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    petemac Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2010, 07:00 AM
    I have a honda civic 1.5i ls I have replaced the master cylinder and bled the system
    I have a honda civic 1.5 ils I have replaced the master cylinder and bled the brakes the pedal seems fine until I start the car then it travels all the way to the floor have I done something wrong
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2010, 07:16 AM

No posting questions more than once!

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ce-482057.html
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2010, 07:46 AM

. Review if you properly bled the master cylinder, prior to installation.

. Perform brake booster test:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post2321080

Aug 18, 2010, 07:57 AM

I bled the master cylinder in the car
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2010, 08:35 AM

They should be bled on the bench, first.

Aug 19, 2010, 06:53 AM
    Thanks TxGreasemonkey I have managed to sort it out now just needed a bit more bleeding :-)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

92 Honda Civic cylinder firing order? [ 4 Answers ]

I recently replaced the ignition coil, distributor cap, and rotor on my 92 honda civic. This fixed my initial problem of the car starting; however it seems to be running a little rough and a little gutless. So I am not sure (if when I initially was moving about and replacing things - yes I could...

1996 Honda Civic Cylinder #4 missfire [ 2 Answers ]

1996 Honda Civic 1.6L I have installed new cap,rotor,coil,plugs,wires, and dielectric grease. It runs OK but it seems like its lacking power, so while the motor was running I pulled 1 plug wire at a time. When I pulled off #4 plug (closest to the distributor) nothing changed in the motors idle. ...

Honda Civic Cylinder Misfire [ 13 Answers ]

1996 Civic cylinder 4 misfire. All other cylinders are working fine. Cylinder 4 spark plug has a little oil on it and smells like gas. I pulled it out and put it on the valve cover and it is sparking. So fuel and spark are not the issue. Compression? ICM? Would the ICM cause only #4 to...

1998 Honda Civic Misfire Cylinder 2 [ 2 Answers ]

I got a 1998 honda civic that was misfireing in all cylinders. I replaced plugs , plug wires, cap, and rotary button and coil in distributor and I still have a misfire in cylinder 2. Anyone know what the problem is?

94 civic clutch master and slave cylinder replacement [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 94 civic ex 1.6 liter , and I need to replace the clutch master and slave cylinder. If anyone knows the proper way to do this and the location of the slave cylinder please let me know...

View more questions Search