Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tanranman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2010, 11:00 AM
    virginia laws on engagement rings
    I own a house with someone, we have split, I moved out, she is still there. She can not afford to pay the mortgage, so I want her to leave and I want to move back in. Do I have any recourse? Can I evict her? I have been out for 7 months.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2010, 11:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tanranman View Post
    I own a house with someone, we have split, I moved out, she is still there. She can not afford to pay the mortgage, so I want her to leave and I want to move back in. Do I have any recourse? Can I evict her? I have been out for 7 months.

I'm confused about the title ("engagement rings") and the content. What exactly is your question?

If you own the house jointly you have no choice but to contact an Attorney and buy her share OR make the mortgage payments (so you don't go into foreclosure), contact an Attorney and buy her out. She has as much right to be there as you do.

As far as the engagement ring (if that's a question), what was the cause of the split? Who called it off? https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/family...ng-194356.html
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 15, 2010, 04:15 PM

So ask her to sign the house over to you ? Offer to buy out her share of the house. See if she will sell the house to settle the debt for both of you.

If she will not agree to do any of the above, you will have to sue in court to force her

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can Engagement rings be worn always? [ 23 Answers ]

I just proposed to my girlfriend last night and she said yes. I have never been more happier. Anyway, Can they be worn always? Like to sleep or what? I don't know what is normal. Do most women take them off when they go to sleep? It just doesn't seem normal to me, but if anyone can help it would be...

Proposing and I know nothing about rings or engagement. [ 5 Answers ]

Ok me and my girlfriend have been together for two and a half years and I was looking around for an engagement ring. I've bought her a nice promise ring way back and was almost scammed because I knew nothing about the metal or cut or carrot. Now I'm not going to propose right away but I would like...

From engagement rings to break up? My story [ 103 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I had been dating for just over 2 years... we had a wonderful relationship for the most part. In January we started to argue a bit- mostly because his partying habits had escalated recently. I mentioned it to him and he said he had been unhappy about fighting too... so much so that...

Canadian laws on returning engagement rings [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend proposed to me. I announced the news to my family and friends. Now he`s calling off the engagement and wants the ring back. I feel it was given to me with a promise that HE is breaking so I don`t really want to give it back. Legaly do I have to? I`m from Ontario, Canada.

Engagement rings [ 10 Answers ]

Does a woman in Virginia have to get back an egagement ring back?

View more questions Search