Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ineedpeace Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2010, 08:17 AM
    I adore a gal who works in my office
    Hi people,

I adore a gal who works in my office, It stated like, I was not able to come out of a very very bad relationship, suddenly I got in touch with her and somehow I fell for her beauty and her sweetness. She is very charming, cute and super awesome in all respect to be my life partner.

Now the most tricky part is that I told her that I am inclined towards her and then she told me that she already has a guy in her life.But even after that we keep on going out together with her friends and we keep on spending good time with each other. Lately I have realized that I would be alone again and would be in the same condition the way I used to be 8 months back so I started avoiding her by not meeting her or talking to her. She was to go for some business trip sp I thought that by the time she would come I would change my job and move out of her life rather than keeping a false hope in me.

But before I could have done this she contacted me asked about my where abouts and the reason for me not showing up to her, in frustration/desperation I conveyed her my feeling and asked her if she could think about marrying me. Since then she did not talk to me and did not even called me or even contacted me.

I also did not tried to contact her or call her for the simple reason that she might be hurt with my straight and selfish approach.

But I don't know why I revealed all this to her and messed it up, when I had already conveyed my feelings to her and she politely declined it. I am not finding it comfortable and do not know what to do! Can anyone guide me? I have already been through this pain and going through again. But the difference is that this time it is a bit less :(
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jul 13, 2010, 08:42 AM

Since you already know she is off-limits, I won't go into the lecture about respecting her relationship.

You have learned that you can care for someone again after the bad break-up. You had already started making plans to move on. So, it is no wonder this isn't hitting you as hard as the other one did. The amount of pain you feel is not a measure of how much you cared, but how far you have come in becoming an emotionally stable person. You know that letting go is a good thing in this case.

Continue with your plans to get out of her life and stop the false hope. It may not be the end you wanted, but it has given you a bowing out point. She will come to understand that you had a selfish moment, but overall you are trying not be hurtful to either one of you.

Good luck with your plans.

Jul 13, 2010, 09:15 AM
    Comment on Cat1864's post
    Yes!
    I agree to you, but then I am still confused that did I made any mistake by revealing my mind to her. I simply wanted to be true to her and at the same time I wanted her to at least say something.Moreover,I have a doubt that she is in a relatio
    Marriage Expert

Jul 13, 2010, 09:41 AM

ineedpeace : Yes! I agree to you, but then I am still confused that did I made any mistake by revealing my mind to her. I simply wanted to be true to her and at the same time I wanted her to at least say something.Moreover,I have a doubt that she is in a relatio
    Please use the My Answer box at the bottom of the thread. It gives you more space to respond than the Reply button does.

As you can see, your response was cut off. Would you please respond again with your full thought?

Thank you. :)

Jul 13, 2010, 10:56 AM
    I agree to you, but then I am still confused that did I made any mistake by revealing my mind to her. I simply wanted to be true to her and at the same time I wanted her to at least say something.By simply keeping herself mum she has put them into dilemma as if I did something insane.

She is not in the country and I feel like mad at me. One more thing is going in my mind is about her relationship status, as I have never heard her talking about her guy to any of her friend or while she was with me. It might be possible that she does not want to discuss her relationship with others but then normally gals do! May be all this I am thinking to fancy my chances but do I still hold any chance as she has not replied to my question.

I really think that after a long gap of 2.6 years I got someone who understood me and with whom I was really enjoying the time. I think I have messed it big time, but all this I did because that moment I thought that if I would not let her know then also I would not hold any chance of wining her heart. But now I am left with no option but to repent on what I did and wait for her answer.

But I really think that I should not trouble her with all my thoughts and let her come if she wants to. But this all sounds very filmy. Doesn't it? Don't know what to do, just keeping my calm and trying to divert my mind from her thoughts.Have you ever seen such miracle happen where things fall on its own place ? I doubt and feel that once unlucky always unlucky. Last time also I gave my 100% and this time also I have put my best effort forward. Sorry if I sound like an idiot :|
    Marriage Expert

Jul 13, 2010, 11:56 AM

Whether there really is a man in her life or not, you have told her how you feel. It is now up to her to calm down and contact you if that is her desire.

This may seem like a strange question, but do you live in a culture that has arranged marriages? Could her family have someone they want her to marry?
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jul 13, 2010, 12:28 PM

She knows how you feel. It's her turn to tell you if she has feelings for you.

Jul 13, 2010, 07:20 PM
    Thanks a million for your thoughts! I think I already knew what to do. But just wanted to verify :O
    Marriage Expert

Jul 13, 2010, 07:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ineedpeace View Post
    Thanks a million for your thoughts! I think i already knew what to do. but just wanted to verify :O
    Good luck with whatever you decide.

Jul 13, 2010, 07:27 PM
    Comment on Cat1864's post
    I live in India, and yes there could be possibility that down the line her parents might look out for suitable match for her if not this so called guy in her life.
    Marriage Expert

Jul 14, 2010, 06:37 AM
    ineedpeace : I live in India, and yes there could be possibility that down the line her parents might look out for suitable match for her if not this so called guy in her life.
    She may already be preparing for that day, if it isn't here already.

Again, good luck on your chosen path.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2010, 07:44 AM

You did mess up by mentioning marriage to her... you really came across as pretty desperate.

She totally knows how you feel not, so step back and leave it alone. If she decides she wants to pursue a romantic relationship with you, she'll contact you.

If she doesn't contact you, then you're just going to have to accept the fact that you aren't going to have a future with her... just not meant to be.

Jul 14, 2010, 10:24 AM
    Comment on Devorameira's post
    Yeah, I think you r correct!
    Oddboots Posts: 57, Reputation: 8

Jul 15, 2010, 01:48 AM
    Leave her alone. Sounds like you blew it.

Lick your wounds and next time be more sensitive.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

We use Microsoft Office 2003 at our office. Our company computes the employees age, [ 15 Answers ]

We use Microsoft Office 2003 at our office. Our company computes the employees’ age, e.g. (01/01/1949) plus their starting date, e.g. (08/22/1989) to check if they are eligible for the 75 rule for retirement. Can Excel compute this with the age changing daily to keep the formula current?

Unable to open any office 2003 application after downgrading fro office 2007 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Guys I just uninstalled office 2007 and installed office 2003, but I cannot go to outlook, it gives me an error saying something like mapi. Please assist guys:confused:

Uninstalling Office 2007 and Installing Office 2003 [ 2 Answers ]

I recently purchased a new Dell with a Vista system. It also came pre loaded with Office 2007. My problem is: I do contracting work at home and Office 2007 is not compatible with the software they use so I must install Office 2003 to continue to work. If I go to the add/remove programs in my...

Office 2007 asks for Office 2000 installation discs [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all. I used to run Office 2000 but uninstalled it and installed Office 2007. When I run the Spell Checker it does not function. When I try to run it, The computer tries to install it and then asks for the Office 2000 Installation disks. I insert the Office 2000 disks but then it...

Office 2003 can't open after uninstalling Office 2007 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I can't open any of my Office 2003 applications. A 'Widows Installer' box pops up, and asks for SKU112.CAB. I can't find my original install disks. I tried a solution I found, opening in safe mode and stopping msiexec.exe, but the laptop then showed a Error 1311. Source file not found....

View more questions Search