Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gladbag Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2010, 04:02 PM
    Not invited to nephew's wedding
    My nephew is getting married in a week at a winery. I was very close to him all of his life. His mother was my best friend for about 10 years... our friendship always bugged my brother. Well, 6 years ago my sister n law (the wife of my husbands brother)who I had been best friends with for 12 years got upset with me becausee I didn't take off out of town with her to buy something that I had... she wanted it. So, she dicided to call up my sister in law married to my brother and have her go out of town with her. They were not friends prior to this event. Well, after that trip they became best friends with my sis in law on my husbands side spilling all of her guts to my other sis in law married to my bro. Things I told her in confidence. So, now my sis in law married to my brother hates me. Well,my nephew is getting married and I have been excluded from all family activities. Showers,engagement parties etc. (Idid try to apologize to my sis in law for anything my other sis in law had said) I am also the only one in the family exluded. My question is this... Should I still send a gift to my nephew and his new bride after the wedding? I am very hurt by all of it but the controlling mother wins in this situation. Or should I just ignore the whole situation?
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2010, 04:09 PM

If you want to send a gift after the wedding I would. Keep this in mind before you do; the nephew is the one getting married and if he wanted you there he would ask that you be added to the guest list.

He may want you there , he may not want to upset his mom.
    Send a gift and it may mend some fences or he may send it back.

At least he'll know you love him... Good Luck
    gladbag Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2010, 04:35 PM
    Comment on Kitkat22's post
    My nephew is very controlled by his mother and so is my brother and the soon to be daughter in law... I know it's a whole other topic but she is typical narcissist!
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2010, 05:34 PM

I hope things work out and your family gets back together. You're doing the right thing and if your brother doesn't stand up and put a stop to it then shame on him.

Good Luck and buy something special.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Everyone invited to cousin's wedding except me and my husband [ 9 Answers ]

My daughter and her family and me and my husband live together. She and I were both invited to my cousin's bridal shower. We were unable to attend as young children were not invited. Gifts were sent with another member of the family. Everyone in the family received a wedding invitation,...

Not invited to best friend's wedding - not sure how to handle it [ 12 Answers ]

My best friend of almost 15 years recently became engaged. We have been there for each other through many ups and downs. She was invited to and attended my small destination wedding (10 people invited) four years ago. Over the last year and a half we have grown apart somewhat as I have relocated...

Do they expect a wedding gift? We weren't invited. [ 11 Answers ]

Please help this has happened three times to us in the last few months. Friend or coworker calls up on the phone to share the news that they have gotten married. Great, OK, but in one guy's case I didn't even know he was engaged until after he called. Are they somehow trying to get wedding gifts...

Not Invited [ 9 Answers ]

My Niece is getting married and I was not invited to the Wedding however I would like to attend the Church ceremony, My Question is this can I attend the ceremony and not get thrown out of the Church buy the Priest and or his helpers ? :confused: :confused:

Invited to Shower, not Wedding [ 7 Answers ]

HI.. My nephew is getting married soon, and unfortunately a lot of people are feeling hurt by the choices that are being made. The bride is planning on inviting people to a shower but not to the wedding. Does this seem odd to anyone else? I love my nephew very much and want them to be very happy,...

View more questions Search