Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mary108099 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2010, 04:58 PM
    Adding water to your dogs dry food harmful?
    My one dog which is a Lhasa is a rescued dog and has next to no teeth, So I add water to his food to soften it. My other dog which is a Boston Terrier has decided he won't eat his food unless we put water in his food too. Could that upset a Boston Terriers stomach? My husband insists that is why the Boston has been having loose stool and accidents from the loose stool in his crate. Is adding water to the dry food harmful?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 3, 2010, 05:31 PM

Ask the makers of gravy trian. j/k

For some it can take away from the nutrition found in the foods by washing it off before it can get eaten. Some makers of dog food coat their foods and if the food is left for too long it can be a problem if it is a wet mixture. If you have any questions about it or concerns you could always contact the maker of the dogfood. It should be listed on the side of the bag as well as a 1-800 number. They could tell you more about what the product is like wet.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2010, 09:12 PM

It would more likely be the actual food making them have loose stools rather than the water.

I actually recommend soaking dry food for senior dogs, and up until my pup was 6 months old I still soaked his dry for him at dinner time.

Try switching to a different brand of food, there are quite a few on the market made especially for dogs with sensitive stomachs, but in my opinion you can't go past all-natural grain free dog food, which sadly, many popular brands aren't.
    alexis24 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2013, 06:32 PM
    it will make the dog poop all over the place.[color="cyan"]
    alexis24 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2013, 06:34 PM
    My vet said it may let the dog poop over the place.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 7, 2013, 07:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by alexis24 View Post
    My vet said it may let the dog poop over the place.
    Ouch! Why did you change the color of your post? Man that's hard on the eyes!

What did it say? I can't even read it, it hurts too much.

Also, did you look at the date of this thread? This is from 2010, three years ago! The OP (original poster) hasn't been back. So whatever you posted, doesn't really matter, since the poster that asked the question, won't see it anyway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The best dry food for dogs [ 5 Answers ]

Where in ireland can I buy a high protein dry food for my pitbull

Is it OK to add cottage cheese to my dogs dry food? [ 13 Answers ]

I have a Golden-doodle about 1 1/2 yrs old. She is a wonderful companion and gives us so much pleasure. I feed her a high quality natural dry dogfood (many different brands), but she just picks at it all day, then usually leaves a lot of it. She will eat most of it if I add cottage cheese or...

Dry food or wet food for puppy? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I just got an 8 week old Daschund puppy and I'm not sure if I should give him wet food or dry food? Thank You. :confused:

View more questions Search