Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hramirez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2010, 01:21 PM
    My son's ear tubes are falling out is that normal
    My 6yr. Son has had his ear tubes since July 2009. A few days ago I noticed that his left ear have been bothering him I noticed that a tiny green tube is in his ear. So I want to know is this the way the tube falls out slowly I have been given him tylenol for the minor pain his been having.
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2010, 01:26 PM

Here is what it says at Medicinenet

Tympanostomy tubes usually stay in place from 6 to 18 months. If they stay in longer than two to three years, they may need to be surgically removed. It is important to have an ear check-up about every six months during this time. An audiogram is usually obtained at some point after the ear has healed. The tubes eventually fall out of the eardrum on their own as the ear heals. Some children may have mild discomfort or bloody drainage at this time. The small hole in the eardrum at the old tube site usually heals within several weeks. Your doctor will instruct you when it is safe to allow water in the ears.
    From my quick reading, your son seems kind of old for ear tubes. But the tubes falling out is apparently normal. I think you should take him back to the doctor now for a checkup.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I got slapped in the ear pretty hard and now I can't hear out of that ear. [ 19 Answers ]

I got slapped on the side of the head along with my ear... and it hurt so bad (of course) and now here I am a day later and still can't hear out of it- I can plug the good ear and can hear a little teeny bit but now I feel so off balanced and going crazy because I can't hear like I did.its awfull-...

Uneven Ear Pressure and Voice Echo in Left Ear [ 45 Answers ]

Hello, I have some kind of ear condition that I'm seeking answers for. I have to constantly sniff throughout the day to equalize the pressure in my ears. The left ear seems too "open" for lack of a better word and when I sniff it corrects the pressure temporarily. The condition also causes an...

Liquid in middle ear caused by shower spray directly in ear. [ 2 Answers ]

I sprayed the shower spray in my ears. The result is I have liquid in my middle ear. I have lost some of my hearing in both ears. I am now using a nose spray prescribed by the doctor. Has anyone else ever done this stupid thing and does anyone know what the outcome might be? Ty ...

Plugged ear tubes eas canal tubes don't flap when checked [ 2 Answers ]

When the Dr. checks my ears, the tubes don't move like they're supposed to move. Can surgery be done?

View more questions Search