Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    absolutlygrumpy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2010, 07:50 PM
    Out of control 12 year old girl
    I know I am going to get a lot of grief for this but... I also have a out of control 12 year old girl and I really hate it when everyone wants to blame mom and dad. Why? Maybe because it is easier. Let me explain my reason for thinking parents are not always to blame. I have 3 girls ages are 14,12, and 7. The only one out of control is the 12 year old and I believe if the problem was me they all would be devils...
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Apr 26, 2010, 11:47 AM
    I'm not sure what your question is.

Are you asking for help with your 12 year old?
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Apr 26, 2010, 12:14 PM

I agree, to a point. No, it is not always the parents' fault when I child misbehaves. Sometimes there is a medical reason (chemical or hormone imbalance or developemental disability). However, if that is not the case, then it's often that the parenting technique used for one child just isn't effective with the other.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Apr 26, 2010, 07:05 PM

So what do you consider out of control? And are you asking for help? What have you done now to help her? What is she doing that is out of control and how do you react?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 26, 2010, 07:13 PM

So what is the problem, is she not doing dishes or sleeping with boys on the couch. ( or perhaps somewhere in between) What is the problems, what have you tried as punishments and/or rewards to deal with it.
    QLP Posts: 980, Reputation: 656

Apr 28, 2010, 04:25 AM

Some children require a lot more work than others. Maybe it would be better not to worry about blaming yourself or your child but at looking at the problem and how to fix it. We should never feel blamed just because we need to ask for help. Some problems are just too big at times. We try to be the best parents we can but nobody gets it right all the time. If you would like some suggestions, please share the problem with us. We might get it wrong, but if you get lots of answers you can see for yourself if you think anything will help. Wouldn't it be best to concentrate on helping your child regardless of who is at fault?
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2010, 05:36 AM

Ah,middle child.

Without any other information its hard to give you a good answer,or one that may help.

I was a middle child and caused my mothers grey hair ( so she says)!.

Ill check out some sites that may help and post a link.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it rape for a 23 year old man to have sex with a 16 year old girl ? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi there, Is it considered statutory rape for a 23 year old man too have sex or even date a 16 year old girl..?

Is it legal for a 24 year old girl to date a 17 year old girl? [ 13 Answers ]

Is it legal for a 24 year old girl to date a 17 year old girl in Michigan?

I am 26 year old girl dating a 18 year old boy, is that wrong? [ 17 Answers ]

I am a 26 year old lady and I am considering dating an 18 year old guy. I just wanted to know what you all think. Is it wrong? He has no problem but his mom do. She thinks I will end up using her son and believe me that is not my intention. Any advice?

Can a 16 year old girl marry a 22 year old guy? [ 9 Answers ]

Hello my name is estefania. I'm latina and I am sixteen years old and I would like to know if a sixteen year old can marry a twenty two year old guy? And if yes what is needed for the wedding? By the way it's a civil wedding.

How to control a 3 year old girl? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 3 year old girl that is so sturborn and has such an attitude no one can deal with her. We have been placing her in time out and it worked for a few days then stopped working. She will flip out over the smallest thing and from there won't listen to anything, hits people, kicks and so on....

View more questions Search