Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    4starkid Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2010, 05:39 PM
    How do I repair a leak in the ceiling?
    It has been raing a lot in los angeles and because of that water has been leaking into the water heater room, which is located in the upstairs balcony. Water has started collecting in the kitchen ceiling. How do I fix it and would I be a good or bad idea to make a hole in the paint where the water is leaking from to drain it?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 21, 2010, 06:17 PM

Might as well make that hole to help the house drain and start to dry out. Better yet get on the roof and fix the leak so your new drain hole won't just kep draining and draining and draining. Is there a chimney or vent cao above this room, check there first for a leak in the shingles or flashing

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jacuzzi leak repair [ 0 Answers ]

REF: OLDER MODEL JACUZZI WHIRLPOOL BATH Can the suction fitting sub-assembly be backed out from inside the tub to allow a leak repair such as the backup ring replacement? I have a leak which appears to be originating at the suction fitting, which is of course on the back side of the tub with no...

Kitchen ceiling repair from 2nd floor shower leak [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 3 story home with big bathroom on 2nd floor directly above 1st floor kitchen. The shower (separate from jacuzzi tub) must have a leak underneath it as we are unable to shower from pouring water through the ceiling into my kitchen sink and the ceiling looks as though it is about to fall...

Slab leak repair [ 7 Answers ]

What is the safest way to repair a drain pipe leak under the slab option 1: brake the concrete at the toilet area and replace the pvc manifold connection and reroute pipe to side of house . Opt 2 : dig comfortable area under slab to replace maniflod pvc pipes and reroute pipe to side of house ...

Take apart faucet to repair leak [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Delta 2 handle kitchen faucet which I believe is a Peerless faucet. It has a long goose-neck spout and separate sprayer. How do I remove the handles. Does it take a washer, an O ring or both?

View more questions Search