Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hhardy1256 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2010, 11:42 AM
    Insufficient federal taxes taken from pay check
    No federal taxes taken out of my pay roll check the past few months by the pay roll department. What can I do
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 15, 2010, 11:55 AM

Have you asked them about it? Its possible you didn't earn enough for withholding.

Jan 15, 2010, 12:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Have you asked them about it? Its possible you didn't earn enough for withholding.
    No they just failed to reinstate the taxes to be taken out of my check. I work full time. Funny how they did get the message to take out the additional $10.00

Jan 15, 2010, 12:03 PM

I don't understand "reinstate" and what additional $10. And again, have you spoken to them?

Jan 15, 2010, 01:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hhardy1256 View Post
    No they just failed to reinstate the taxes to be taken out of my check. I work full time. Funny how they did get the message to take out the additional $10.00
    I turned in a form to not have federal taxes taken out of my payroll check. After two checks I turned in the form to start having taxes taken out of my check again plus take out an additional $10.00 per paycheck.

Jan 15, 2010, 04:33 PM

Ahh, now I understand. I suspect it was a clerical error, they figured you just wanted the $10 taken out since you had previously stopped it. So I ask a third time, HAVE YOU SPOKEN TO THEM?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 15, 2010, 07:09 PM

It all depends on the number of dependents and the tax status. When you first noticed you merely work with them

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Soleproprietorship - can I pay myself an actual payroll check and withhold taxes? [ 3 Answers ]

As a soleproprietor can I legally pay myself a regular payroll check and withhold payroll taxes as well as pay taxes through quarterly self employed taxes paid directly to IRS?

Why can't I use my last pay check stub to file my taxes and get an early loan anymore [ 13 Answers ]

Did the IRS make a new rule about getting a loan through H&r block with your last pay check stub? I tried to get an anticipation loan like I always do and they told me they are not allowed to do that anymore unless you have your w2. Why is that

Ukrainian researcher on J1 filed 1040EZ; IRS is asking to pay federal taxes [ 6 Answers ]

Taxes professionals, I would like to ask your advice. I am postdoctoral fellow (researcher) at National Institutes of Health, which is governmental organization. I am on J1 visa and a citizen of Ukraine. When I joined NIH, I was told by NIH person, who was doing my paper work, that I shouldn’t...

Pay check taxes in New Jersey [ 2 Answers ]

If you live an work in NJ and gross 70,000 a yr what amount or percentage of taxes are taken out on a biweekly basis?

Federal Wage information is missing in my W2. How can I pay my Federal tax? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Last year, I was working as F1 in OPT. As F1, I can exempt from society security tax and medicare tax. But the accounting company also exempted my Federal tax and told me that was the way to do it. I thought I could report my Federal tax later, so I let it go. But right now, I get my...

View more questions Search