Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redrumx3 Posts: 62, Reputation: 15

Jan 12, 2010, 12:31 PM
    My mom is dating my (abusive) ex's dad.how do I tell my boyfriend?
    My ex was physically and emotionally abusive and controlling. Despite, I loved his family to bits, and now my mom is dating his dad. Awkward situation in itself. My mom doesn't know the extent of the abuse, but it kind of makes me want to scream when I think about her being in the same room with him. In my mind, he's everything I avoid. But she's finally happy while going through this divorce with my dad, so I'm not about to say anything to take that from her.

Anyway...

Leaving the relationship was hard enough... and he (from my research) exhibited classic behavior by borderline stalking me and trying to shower me with all the love he never gave me, etc. It almost worked.. looking back I'm glad I found the strength to keep moving

Because of his behavior, the guy I'm with now even got into a little brawl with my ex when my he came to his house while I was there. Well, we had broken up, and he was calling non-stop, showed up and a whole scene took place. Even after this happened, he lured me into thinking he would leave me alone if I would, "just talk to him," and ended up forcing things to happen. My boyfriend knows about what happened, and we've moved on from everything.

What he doesn't know is that the guy my mom is dating is actually my ex's dad. It's an issue because his dad never goes anywhere with us, although my mom is always talking to him, etc, and it causes my boyfriend to ask why? (We are all very close). Truth is, my ex's dad loved me to bits as well, and he doesn't really want to see me with another family basically. I've figured step one in the situation is telling my boyfriend who he is.

How do I tell him?

(Sorry if this post is half-venting, but thank you for your time!)
    redrumx3 Posts: 62, Reputation: 15

Jan 15, 2010, 11:42 AM

:/
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2010, 06:01 PM
    Just tell him. It's your mother's relationship not yours and I don't see what it has to do with your BF's dad not going anywhere with you.

I wouldn't get too involved in all of this or be too worried about who wants who to be on who's family.

Step back from being involved in the drama or what you think people might think.

It's time to disengage from your Ex's family as well as from him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My friend has an abusive dad but doesn't know what to do about it [ 1 Answers ]

My friend has a dad that treats her terrible including physically abusing her, doing drugs in front of her, tells her terrible things that no one should hear, and puts her life in danger. I don't know the full story, but she told me a lot of it. To start she has an older sister and her mom...

Best friend dating my ex's boyfriend? [ 17 Answers ]

All right, so it has been awhile since I have posted a question on here. I have run across an odd situation regarding my best friend. He has started to date my ex's room mate, who happens to be one of her best friends. I am pretty good friends with her (not my ex, but my ex's roommate), however I...

Ex's Mom wants to sue me over Cell-phone bill. [ 2 Answers ]

My ex and I were together for 3 years. I finally moved out in May 2007 after breaking up a few times(all the while living together) because he had cheated on me. Today, I received an email from his new wife(I wasn't even aware he had gotten married.. since May 08. Nor have I ever met her). Saying I...

New mom with abusive boyfriend [ 3 Answers ]

I just recently had a baby boy 4 months ago, and I have never been happier (about that). The father of my son and I moved in together 2 months after I found out I was pregnant(we were going to anyway this just happened sooner). I fell in love with our apartment because it was a safe place for my...

Dating men with children dealling with ex's [ 6 Answers ]

What advice can you give me about dating a man with 2 children by two other women and they both hate me

View more questions Search