Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SamK Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2010, 09:29 AM
    Pennsylvania 1776 commemorative coin
    I have two coins I am trying to find out more information about. One coin has a likeness of William Penn looks like a statue with the seal of the city of philadelphia on the reverse.
    The other coin on the front has a likeness of a revolutionary war soldier seated with a musket the number 76 and below two cabins in the background lower left and 13 stars around the top edge of the coin. On the reverse it shows the Pennsylvania state flag emblem of two horses opposing each other rearing up with coat of arms with an eagle on top. I acquired these coins from a yard sale some 15 years ago and I fuinally decided to do investigate their origin. Any help is appreciated.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2010, 10:43 PM

SamkI am going to look this up foe you and try to get the answersc that you are looking for;I will need a couple days for this though;; now in the mean time ,as soon sas you can get me a little more information, on this coin;;#1- see if you can get any more dates off it like the minted in ; #2- IS this a USA COIN? I will be waiting for your return ;; WHAT WOULD be really nice is if you could get pictures of the front side and of the back a put them on this site ; something like this will give people see somethingthwqt they will probably ever get to see; it will be OK top do this ;ive hgad others to do this and put the pictures on here to be seen by others;; ifyou want to you canm check with {CLOUGH}he is one of the experts on here also ;; Have a great night and GOD BLESS :: F.B.E.
    shrooms917 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2010, 03:56 PM
    Samk, did you find anything out about the Pennsylvania coin? I have one also, and can't seem to find anything out about it on the internet. If you have any answers please if you can let me know.
    sportyguy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2011, 07:58 PM
    Has anyone heard of a coin that the front has a likeness of a revolutionary war soldier seated with a musket the number 76 and below two cabins in the background lower left and 13 stars around the top edge of the coin. On the reverse it shows the Pennsylvania state flag emblem of two horses opposing each other rearing up with coat of arms with an eagle on top?
    FLOOK Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2011, 11:02 PM
    Hey I found a post on craigslist that seems to match your explanation of the coins in question.
    Front is a photo of a war time soldier sitting, and circling the top of the medal are 13 stars, one for each of the original colonies,
    And the date.
    The back has an image of the seal of Pa.
    Issued by the Bicentennial Commission of Pennsylvania. Minted in solid bronze by the Franklin Mint.
    Hope that helps
    -Eric

FLOOK Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2011, 11:11 PM
    http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/Official-Bicentennial-Medal-Pennsylvania-/400043704727

This is an eBay post that has a picture of the front of the coin to verify that is the correct one you were talking about
    mccoyj Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2011, 04:57 AM
    In addition to the PA Bicentennial medal, I also have one that has same state flag image w/wording "Pennsylvania Tercentenary" and 1681-1981 - other side has image of capitol building w/wording "State Capitol 75th anniversary", October4th, 1906-1981. I can't find anything by googling it (not one hit, eBay, etc.). Does anyone know anything about this?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1776-1976 silver dollar [ 7 Answers ]

I have a 1776-1976 Eisenhower silver dollar. Is it worth more than $1??

1776-1976 Kennedy clad half dollar [ 10 Answers ]

I have a 1776-1976 Kennedy clad half dollar with an s mint mark that appears to be out of place, it is located just below the D in GOD and to the left of Presidents neckline. The vast major of 1776-1976 Kennedy clad half dollar have the mint mark below Presidents neckline and centered above...

Bicentennial 1776-1976 [ 16 Answers ]

My in-laws have this coin that they think is rare, so I'd like to know if it really is... The coin/ medal is larger than a quarter and is copper (?) clad... it has what appears to be the liberty bell on one side and states "United States of America- Bicentennial"... On the other side it states...

Possible Monetary Value of 1776 - 1976, "D" Mint Mark Uncirculated Set of Coins [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! I'm looking for the possible collectible monetary value of 1776 - 1976, "D" mint mark uncirculated set of coins. They're still in the soft plastic wrapper from the mint. I would also like to know if I should be taking them out of that wrapper or not and storing them in some other way....

Want a commemorative tattoo [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I want to get a tattoo to commemorate my wedding date. I don't want any names involved, or any pictures, I just want something with like, 2 wedding rings intertwined and with our wedding date on it. Do you guys have any websites or suggestions of images? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

View more questions Search