Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nkstein Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2006, 01:58 PM
    Recently Married... Do I have to change name on title of property
    Hello all,

I live in Texas and have a townhouse that I bought before I was married. Do I have to change the title to reflect my married name?

Thanks!
    LUNAGODDESS Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Nov 16, 2006, 02:30 PM
    Yeah.. you can but check out this website

Website address: http://www.angelfire.com/ma/dnsassoc/
    Dwight_Pigg Posts: 26, Reputation: 3

Nov 18, 2006, 09:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nkstein
    Hello all,

I live in Texas and have a townhouse that I bought before I was married. Do I have to change the title to reflect my married name?

Thanks!

Most counties do not require you to change your name on a deed when you get married. Call a local title company and ask them about your county.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 18, 2006, 11:36 PM
    Normally no you don't have to change it, since that is who you still are.

Many people do, since it makes issues latter with proving identity.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Property title questions (missouri) [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, We my husband and I, own land jointly in Missouri. On the title it states my husbands name and my name. Now, my husband is terminally ill and we want to tie up all legal issues. Our question is this: the title as it reads"Michael AND Patty"..Is the "and" of any significance?? Will it be...

Property taxes/lien on property [ 2 Answers ]

We have been taking care of the rental properties across the street from us for many years as the landlord lives in Arkansas. We have never been paid for these services. We repair and maintain these properties, and the last tenants we even collected the rent and deposited into the landlord’s...

Recently disabled [ 4 Answers ]

I don't work anymore but still have a 401K @ my last job, Will a disable person still be taxed, if so what would be the best thing for me to do with my 401K. Thanks for your help. Bobbie

Recently married, and bankruptcy [ 2 Answers ]

I got married four months ago, my husband has many old debts (from when he was single) and he wants to file for a bankruptcy. Mostly, all the accounts ( house, credit card, car) are under my name only, I added him in one of my credit card as an additional user but this cretid card is under my name....

View more questions Search