Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thelogosdude Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2009, 01:52 AM
    I'm in a monogamous, long distance relationship. Is phone sex cheating?
    My girlfriend and I broke up over the summer. Now, we're sort of-not really together. She and I live about a thousand miles apart as she finished school. It's not a relationship. But neither of us are actively seeking someone else. We text just about every day and talk about once a week on the phone.
    Earlier tonight I had phone sex with an old friend. I immediately regretted it. I felt like I was cheating, even though I'm not in a "relationship." Both girls (my ex and my old friend) are on a small college campus, where many people know each other, and word can travel fast. I don't regret it just because I could get caught. I honestly feel guilt about this.
    My question is, should I tell my "ex-ish" girlfriend about this? And is this cheating, really? Opinions very much appreciated...
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2009, 02:13 AM

If your not together,your not cheating.

Kind of sort of in a relationship is NOT a relationship.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2009, 02:17 AM

I agree with reddy.

It's not a relationship... sounds very juvenile.

If she was your girlfriend WHY do not establish what the relationship is? Wait a minute... if she was your girlfriend you really wouldn't be wondering if you are in a relationship or not.

Seems to me it's not a relationship. It's more like pals that once dated with the ever so often I love you [right?].

In my books it's not cheating because you aren't even in a relationship to begin with.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2009, 02:27 AM
    No its not cheating. I would advice you to get your relationship with the kind of sort of ex sorted out- if you're broken up wouldn't it be a good idea to leave her in the past? Being friends with a recent ex is usually not a good idea.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2009, 02:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by amicon View Post
    No its not cheating. I would advice you to get your relationship with the kinda sort of ex sorted out- if you're broken up wouldnt it be a good idea to leave her in the past? Being friends with a recent ex is usually not a good idea.
    Like you said "usually"

;)

Not all exes should be left in the past. Some are keepers [as friends].
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2009, 02:31 AM

Find out if you are in a relationship with either of them. If you aren't sure, ask them what they think. If you are in a relationship with one of them, I recommend you break off and find someone who is closer.

That's my advice. ;)
    ChildOfGod_1 Posts: 60, Reputation: 8

Dec 6, 2009, 05:38 AM

no. u aren't cheating on your ex-girl. But what you are doing can be wrong.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Small Long distance, phone break up what? NC? [ 116 Answers ]

This is kind of long, haha. Met a girl who lived about 90 miles from me around Jan. Started dating became exclusive hit it off well. I'm 24 she's 20. She still has a few years of school left, and I'm graduated and working full time. Only saw her on the weekends. We both made efforts to see each...

Long distance cheating? [ 13 Answers ]

Threads merged and edited to prevent confusion Im in a long distance relationship and my boyfriend goes out a lot with his friends to bars and clubs and stuff. What can I do to deal with this and not become upset and jealous thinking about what he's out doing? How to act normal when he calls...

Long Distance Relationship! [ 280 Answers ]

Entire story merged He lives 2000 miles away and I miss him so much! :( We have been together for 1year and almost 3 months and so far 9months of it has been long distance. We talk about 3times a day on the phone.($$$ :(.. lol) We have seen each other 2 times since we had to be in long...

Suspect partner in long distance of cheating. Opinions really needed [ 1 Answers ]

I want this from different point of views... When I was pregnant the father was with someone else and they got engaged and giot her pregnant but she got an abortion as he cheated on her... couple of months after we have got back together and are currently living apart as he moves up in December...

In long distance relationship boyfrien'father of child cheating? [ 4 Answers ]

I want this from different point of views... When I was pregnant the father was with someone else and they got engaged and giot her pregnant but she got an abortion as he cheated on her... couple of months after we have got back together and are currently living apart as he moves up in December...

View more questions Search