Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    997811079 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2009, 04:04 PM
    changes of state
    how much heat is released in the conversion of 1.00 L of steam at 21.9 atm and 200 C(temperature) to ice at -6C(temperature) and 1 atm?

Given:
    enthalpy of fusion(H2O)=6.01kJ/mol
    enthalpy of vaporization(H2O)=40.66kJ/mol
    Cp(s)(crystalline H2O)=38.02J(K*mol)
    Cp(l)(liquid H2O)=75.35J/k*mol
    Cp(g)(H2O gas)=33.60J/K*mol
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2009, 06:29 AM

Start by converting liters of steam to moles of steam.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does statute of limitation pertain to state your in or state that you obtained credit [ 1 Answers ]

Well, I was served in January 2008 that I was being sued by Capital one. I turned in admissions and disclosures advised and nothing happened up until July 2009 when I received a document that Capital One had a new lawer on the case and that lawsuit would be dismissed if no one appeared to request...

Ny state tax extensionwhat form would I use to file an extension for ny state taxes? [ 2 Answers ]

What form should I use to file an extension for ny state taxes?

Different state employees filing married jointly for federal but separate state tax? [ 1 Answers ]

We got married in Dec 06 month. We want to file federal tax 2007 married jointly. She lives in Alabama and I live in Wisconsin. I am a resident alien and she is not. For federal, I can apply 1040 R, jointly married. My question is whether we have to file state tax married jointly? If I file...

Part Year State Return and Unemployment Compensation from another state [ 1 Answers ]

I was living in Florida when I lost my job in June 2007 and started getting unemployment compensation from the State of Florida. I moved to Boston, MA in August 2007 and continued receiving the unemployment compensation from Florida. I got a new job in November 2007 in Boston, MA. So, my...

2 states: Can I credit state tax of one state to other state [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 W-2. One from job in Mass. Mass state tax is withheld in that W-2. Then I moved to NC and got a new job in NC. NC state tax is withheld in this second jobs W-2. Both W-2 only have state tax withheld from their corresponding states. So can I credit taxes of one state to another and...

View more questions Search