Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jermy jacksy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2009, 08:57 AM
    Court house wedding
    I am getting married in a state that I recentlly moved to (oregon) and do not have witnesses can the court provide someone.
    frostybabygurl Posts: 117, Reputation: 6

Sep 26, 2009, 07:49 PM
    When I got married, it was at the courthouse and we used our parents as witnesses. Now I don't claim to know the laws of where you are, but I'm pretty sure that anyone can be a witness. You could bring anyone in to witness the ceremony and sign. At least that is my understanding anyway. Courthouses are always full of people, so I don't think you would have a problem in finding someone. You could always call and ask, that would probably be the best way to go. Now I don't know if you have the same services where you are as we have in Canada, but we have ministers that perform the ceremony in their home and they can provide witnesses at no extra cost, and the cost of the service is roughly the same as the courthouse. That could be something to look into as well. Good Luck :)
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2009, 05:16 AM

There will be plenty of people around to sign as witnesses. Depending on your state it may not even be required. FL does not require them. We could have just gotten married with the two of us and the pastor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wedding Plans for court house wedding [ 3 Answers ]

Hi!my name is toya i'm about to get married next month. I only have low income. Of course we are having a court house wedding, but what else can help us out like where to get dress, where to get suite, where to get rings.as well what can we do after wards i plan to have something att my house.so i...

Court House Wedding or Back Yard Wedding? [ 18 Answers ]

We are on a limited budget as far as our wedding goes. We want to spend more money on the rings and honeymoon than the wedding. So, we want something intimate and special but small. So these were the two options that we were thinking: 1. A small ceremony in his parent's backyard. There...

Court house wedding! [ 2 Answers ]

How do I get a legal court house wedding near savanah, ga with my fiancée?

How do I go about a court house wedding [ 4 Answers ]

My fiancé && I are wanting to get married soon.. && we were thinking about a court house wedding what's the things I need to do before one

Court house wedding [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find out some information on getting married at the courthouse. I live in wyandotte county Kansas, and want to find the easiest place to get married in the city or surrounding area. What do I need to do?

View more questions Search