Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kelly93 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2009, 06:58 PM
    Accutane with Vitamin D and Iron
    Hey... im 16 and I'm just about finishing up my fourth month of accutane. This week I went to the hospital to get my regular blood tests done. My doctor called today and said that my triglcyerides or cholesterol (I can't remember which one) were very high. She wants me to stop taking accutane this week and then go and get another blood test in a week. She said that last month they were raised but not dangerous but now I guess they are much worse. So my regulat doctor, not my derm, recently suggested that I start taking vitamin D and Iron... I started taking them a little over a week ago. I also just finished up a course of antibiotics for an infection. So my question was could the vitamins or antibiotics affect my trigs or cholesterol?? I was also wondering what I can do during this week to lower my trigs and cholesterol?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2009, 09:04 PM

To lower your cholestrol eat good oils such as olive oil and omega fatty acid, eat lots of fiber,
    Garlic, fresh fruits and vegetables.
    Cut out junk, fast and processed food.

I don't think this site is quite 100% accurate but it is pretty good
    High Cholesterol Diet and Nutrition for Heart Disease

Also two other things that would be good for you would be unsweetened yogurt but do not eat within 6 hours of taking antibiotics

And CoQ10

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vitamin C content in vitamin C tablets [ 3 Answers ]

I will be provided with a 0.1% DCPIP solution and have to find Vitamin C content of different Vitamin C tablets.. Normally they contain 1000mg vitamin C which is 1g... And the vitamin c content can be determined by titration with DCPIP solution but how do I make up a equal 0.1& solution of...

Accutane Pills [ 7 Answers ]

Has anyone used Accutane? There are so many risks, but it's said to clear up virtually ANY skin ugliness... I am interested in this becauase I have acne, keratosis pelaris, and a lot of scars.

Is Accutane the answer? [ 11 Answers ]

Has anyone here used Accutane? I'm seriously considering it. I've had mild to severe acne (it fluctuates) for about 5 years now and absolutely nothing has worked. I'm kind of worried about the possible side-effects of Accutane though... Can anyone help me out?

Is accutane safe [ 4 Answers ]

I have fordcye. They say you can take accutane or some kind of gel. The thing is that when I read about it they make it sound harmful. Is it harmful? How old do you have to be to take it? What are the side affects? Is it safe and where can you get it.:confused:

View more questions Search