Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LANE2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2009, 06:03 AM
    2 mortgages
    Hi
    My spouse past in 08 and my name is on the house but as I was making the notes a surprise
    Popped up he had got another loan on the house and me not knowing I signed the loan paper
    But when he the loan without me so he died I'm stuck paying loan and house note so I need
    To know is there some way that I can combine all this plus some other bills and have one
    Payment without getting a attorney this is just too long to explain
    Thanks
    LANE2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2009, 06:06 AM

2mortgages need information how to combine
    Without having more fees
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2009, 11:01 AM

Have you called the mortgage company and asked them?

You can refinance...

Honestly, contact a mortgage broker and explain your situation. They will be able to best tell you how to proceed.
    lessaul Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Aug 7, 2009, 10:37 AM
    Yes, you want to check with your bank or local lender about consolidating your debts. Most lenders are restricted on the maximum loan-to-value they can lend, most guidelines are 80% of the appraised value. You will still have to qualify for the new loan and with the taxes and insurances on the other property, however, if you lease the property and claim the income on your taxes, you should be able to off set that expense. I'd suggest taking a 30 year term mortgage, you can always pay more than the regular monthly payment if you wish to pay it off sooner (make 100% certain you don't have any prepayment penalty). Depending on your income, loan-to-value, and debt-to-income ratio, you should be able to consolidate your debts and ease your financial worries. If I can personally assist you, I can be reached at [email protected]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Reverse mortgages [ 2 Answers ]

I understand about reverse mortgage concept . But the newspaper mentioned "A consequence of this is that your heirs cannot expect to receive the worth of the house" If the mortgage was $50,000 but when you died the house was worth $100,000. Does The bank get the house, or just their...

Who knows about mortgages [ 1 Answers ]

I have an adjustable rate that has gone up every year for the last 5 years it's now at 10.65%. I've tried FHA and they say my raito to income is to high 46%. My loan to value is 80%. Can anyone offer any help/

Second mortgages [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter and son-in-law owe us money (about 8 grand in all) and are not good at paying it back. I do not want to do a lien on their house, I would like to keep the courts out of this. Can I do a second mortgage with me holding it, that way we will get our money someday and I don't have to keep...

Mortgages [ 3 Answers ]

Just bought a home in June and since moving I have lost my job, is there any help out there to help me with my mortgage payments?

Pay-right mortgages? [ 3 Answers ]

HSBC and now another mtg lender have excitingly described this type of loan which allows a person to get deducted interest rates over periods during which the mtg loan is paid as promised. Is this a bait and switch tactic? I have a 720 FICO but am two years out of CH13 (discharged 2004,...

View more questions Search