Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2009, 08:50 AM
    Couldn't believe this. I'm sure you'd know what was happening.
    A girl is suing a tattooist for putting 56 star tattoos on her face claiming she told him she wanted three but he "misunderstood her french and english.." {he is romanian I think} he claims she knew what she wanted and only is suing because her boyfriend and father freaked out... She claims she fell asleep while he was doing it.. yet in my opinion if someone was TATTOOING THE SIDE OF YOUR FACE you wouldn't be sleeping... here is the link to the story including a picture of her tattoos... what do you think... would you somehow not know if someone was giving a tattoo wrongly.. heck I watched my tattoo's being done just because I was worried about them throwing in something extra.. which they did (they customized my colors for me which looks better then the colors I had chosen but that I didn't mind because they asked) They are even trying to say they drugged her or hypnotised her.. what BS in my opinion

Teen suing tattoo artist for £8,500 after she asked for three stars on her face... and ended up with 56 | Mail Online
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2009, 11:27 AM

She knew what she wanted and got just that. I hope the jury awards her zero. Anyone who gets a tattoo needs their head examined big time. That's just my opinion.

She lied to save her behind. At 18 I guess she thought she'd look vivacious or whatever.
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2009, 11:34 AM

Twinks, I'm sure I need my head examined! :p

I've got 3 but nothing on my face. But I agree with you that she's lying to save her butt!

And like binx said, there's NO WAY someone could put that many tattoos on your face and you not realize it. I hope she gets zero as well!
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2009, 12:05 PM

Just thought about something else: when I got all my tattoos, the artist made a 'stencil' of the design and then transferred it onto my skin before actually starting the procedure. Looking at the picture, I highly doubt that he drew 56 stars freehand on her face!
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2009, 12:35 PM

The tattoist did the same for my three tattoo's they stenciled them on me before doing them. Yet I was not crazy enough to put any on my face. I do think she is lying and I hope she isn't awarded anything because she doesn't deserve it... you would have to be pretty out of it to sleep through a tattoo on your face let alone any wheres else
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2009, 12:45 PM

And let's not forget the best part: 56!
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2009, 04:41 PM

Haha yes we can't forget that.. I don't think I could handle one tattoo on my face let alone fifty-six of them.. Ouch... I didn't think my shoulder tattoos hurt but the one on my leg did hurt a bit more then them
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 16, 2009, 04:48 PM

I wonder how drunk she was, since that is the only way I would think one could fall asleep while this is happening.

But I have to say, the photo really does not even look real
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2009, 04:58 PM

I don't know.. isn't it a legit news site from the UK though...
    It is http://www.dailymail.co.uk/
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2009, 05:01 PM

She should change her mind set and wear that tattoo proudly! I think it looks better than the alternative will (the alternative being the marks left behind after having the laser surgery to remove them)
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2009, 08:26 AM

I have my doubts...
    She was either

A) Stoned out of her mind and told the tattooist to do it

B) Wanted it

C) Was telling the truth.

To me C is right out... NO-ONE could pass out while having a tattoo unless on drugs!
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2009, 08:30 AM

I believe her. When I went to my tattoo artist I clearly said "I want big bird".. well I ended up with big turd on my back... damn Romanians.

Here's a pic of the girl.

She took twinkle twinkle little star a little too far.

Sarah
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2009, 08:50 AM

Every time I have a had a tat done they put a stencil on then they let me check the stencil out in the mirror and I say that's fine or say yeah that will look stupid. I doubt the guy drugged her or hypnotized her. If she did fall asleep she must have been really really drunk.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2009, 08:54 AM

I saw this story this morning on the BBC network website. It surprised me as well... I mean, seriously...

At the very end of the interview on the BBC site, the artist says that she ok'ed the design from the start... was that picture in his album of her? Or, did she say, "I'll take that... only, not so many."

Wow...

I'd go with drunk. Passed out.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2009, 08:56 AM
    It appears that the consensus around the web about this story is that she got what she asked for but made up the "passed-out, 3 stars only" story after she got in trouble at home.
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2009, 08:57 AM

My vote is for drugs!

Most tattoo artists won't do the inkwork if you've been drinking too much because you'll bleed a lot more.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2009, 09:01 AM

Niko I was just about to say that about being drunk and getting tattoo's. If you are really drunk your blood is thinner and it just runs the ink right out.

I'm with need karma on this one I think she asked for it her dad and her BF flipped out so she blamed the tattoo artist.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2009, 05:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom View Post
    Every time I have a had a tat done they put a stencil on then they let me check the stencil out in the mirror and I say thats fine or say yeah that will look stupid. I doubt the guy drugged her or hypnotized her. If she did fall asleep she must have been really really drunk.
    Exactly!
    The last one I got was like a millimeter too high so he washed it off and re-did the stencil...

Yep I agree NM... drugs!
    A friend of mine got soned when she had her tatt done and nearly passed out.

You can't get drunk when you have a tattoo because it thins your blood and you bleed too much. I was a shocking bleeder for both of mine... guess that why the tattooist missed the coloring on my anubis' nose! (reminds me, got to go back and fix that!)
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2009, 05:19 AM

And what would be the motive for a tattooist to put 53 more stars on her face than she requested? I don't think she has a case. This girl is out of her mind.
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2009, 06:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoeMarie View Post
    And what would be the motive for a tattooist to put 53 more stars on her face than she requested?! I don't think she has a case. This girl is out of her mind.
    Great point- why would intentionally botch the job? Doesn't even make sense.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I couldn't be more in love [ 1 Answers ]

I love my boyfriend so much. Its unbelievable I really do.. but do you think long distance relationships can work out.. he lives in england I live in ireland.. we see each other every 2 weeks and spend 2 weeks together.? Can it last do you tink?

Couldn't get an erection [ 2 Answers ]

I am a 16 year old gay male and last night me and my boyfriend tried to have anal sex for the first time. I had ejaculated about 45 minutes before hand and I had an erection when I put on the condom but when I went to try and have sex with him, I lost my erection and I couldn't get it back. This...

She said she couldn't get pregnant [ 6 Answers ]

Hey I'm not sure if this is a unique situation or not but I could use some legal advise: I live in RI, I had a one night stand with a women I met from a online dating site, we talked for a few mo be 4 we actually met. She told me she had her tubes tied. But about 3 weeks later she called telling...

View more questions Search