Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GA_Thack Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2009, 05:07 PM
    Mobile home 4 sale-no title- asked to sign hold harmless
    I am looking at a mobile home in Georgia. It is a foreclosure. Agent says there is no title for mobile home just land. They asked me to sign a hold harmless document. The price is half of its value, but I am concerned about the no title issue. Have any wisedom?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 16, 2009, 07:58 PM

If the house supposedly has no title something is wrong with this picture and needs to be clarified. If there is a metal tag somewhere on the outside of the home (usually near one of the corners at the bottom of the house) this will contain the home's Serial Number. You can call or visit the County Auditor's office and have them see if they can identify this home in their system. They probably can do this as the S/N has something to do with the taxes collected on the home. And if it's been in that county long enough, they surely would have taxed it sometime and may even have taxes owed on it.

If the home is "married" into the land, you can check this out at the County Recorder's office if you have the exact address of the property. They can look up and see exactly what is married into the real estate. Sometimes the mobile home's title is surrendered to the County Recorder's office and the home is married into the real estate itself.

If the home is on an approved bricked in crawl space or a basement, then more than likely the title would have been married into the real estate at sometime. If the home is a modular there will not be any little metal tag on the outside of the home. Modulars never have a title and always are placed on approved crawl spaces or basements. They usually are double wide also.

If in doubt, call up the nice folks at the county (or better yet) go visit them in person and you'll get all the information on the home and the real estate parcel. The real estate agent obviously knows nothing about mobile homes or he would have already done his homework with the county.

Hope this helps.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 16, 2009, 08:28 PM

After two or three years the owner shows up and wants to know what you are doing with "thier" trailor

Have you goten the serial number and had them search who owns the title

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Deed to mobile home not given at sale [ 15 Answers ]

I am trying to sell a mobile home I bought for cash last year, I have a buyer bt can't find former owner who never gave a deed to me. I only got a sales receipt that is not notorized. How can I sell?

Mobile Home For Sale [ 1 Answers ]

I have a mobile home I want to sell and was wondering what would be the easiest way to go about selling it. It is in fairly good condition-has been well taken care of-but, since I drive a truck I don't have time to go through and paint etc. Do you have to have a place looking like new to sell it?

Misrepresentation of sale of mobile home [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a mobile home, and the owner and I had a verbal agreement about the mobile homes condition that it was okay.. the owner saying that it would be fine for up to 5 years.it has been a year and everything is falling apart.. I have already spent up to 4,000 dollars fixing it within a year.. my...

Title to mobile home and title to land is separate can it be sold on one deed [ 1 Answers ]

I moved into the country in a mobile home and started renting then a year later we decided to purchase the land and mobile home on contract. We have paid taxes and insurance on it. 2 years later we find the person selling it to us does not have the title to mobile home just to land. Does he have...

Mobile home for sale [ 1 Answers ]

I have a mobile home for sale that sits on aproximetly a half acre lot I own but I can't seem to sell outright because banks won't give loans because it is a mobile home should I sell it land contract

View more questions Search