Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Mar 15, 2009, 02:40 AM
    School Moneys
    How do I get funding for school for a school that doesn't accept financial aid?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 15, 2009, 05:58 AM

Hi chi, owing to your other posts I am just wondering how you are going to

Work two jobs
    Go to school
    Exercise to lose weight
    And make your own fabric
    Oh, and sleep
    And do normal stuff

I work two jobs, run a house, sleep 6 hours which is enough, have a stained glass business (this isn't one of the jobs mentioned ) am 66, walk the dog for my daily exercise and I guess that's about it, but still have time for myself. I don't consider myself a dynamo, just normal.

Kindests regards

tickle
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 15, 2009, 06:49 AM

First watch and be careful since normally the only schools that don't accept or have aid available are not accredited. And often you will find a non accredited school will not be a lot of help if you want to transfer credits, if you want some form of state licensing and a 100 of other issues.

I know the college I went to, was accredited when I went there but latter lost their accreditation, it has been a real pain.
    Vision Expert

Mar 15, 2009, 01:21 PM

It's a beauty school. If that helps. It's accredited, I've done a little research.

And I'm quitting one job when I figure out school.
    Vision Expert

Mar 15, 2009, 01:22 PM

And I don't want to make my own fabric, I want to find a place that will make a design FOR ME.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 15, 2009, 02:58 PM

I am glad you can do that, making all that money, with, what three jobs. Yet you keep hopping in and out of here asking for exercise/tips on how to lose weight, chi, give me a break. If I want to spot reduce from time to time, I find time, and I am busy too.

Once a upon a time I tried batik which was my own design. But, you will probably have to find a fabric maker with the time to take ALL OF THE FABRIC off a loom in order to accommodate.

I would love to find a place to make a design for me, too, but god, I don't have that kind of money right now. Are you making that much ?

You are losing your credibility very fast, chi.
    Vision Expert

Mar 15, 2009, 03:02 PM

I don't make a lot of money, trust me. And it's two jobs. And I get exercise at work, my question was how to target certain areas.

What exactly is Batik?

I appreciate the advice, but some of it will not work. So, I still need additional advice. It's not that I am turning down ideas, but there is only so much that I can do.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2009, 04:58 AM

Two possibilities... a personal loan from your bank, which may or may not be difficult to obtain right now, or a private student loan. There are a number of sources, such as Sallie Mae. You might want to see what sort of job placement assistance the school offers as well.
    Vision Expert

Mar 16, 2009, 01:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post

You are losing your credibility very fast, chi.
    How is that?
    Vision Expert

Mar 16, 2009, 01:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaLC View Post
    Two possibilities....a personal loan from your bank, which may or may not be difficult to obtain right now, or a private student loan. There are a number of sources, such as Sallie Mae. You might want to see what sort of job placement assistance the school offers as well.
    I already know that a loan from my bank is a no-go. Are private student loans easier to obtain that regular loans? I don't have the best credit. What's Sallie Mae? The school that I intend to attend has a job placement program, and I have connections in the business. So, that's the least of my concerns at the moment.
    Vision Expert

Mar 16, 2009, 02:30 PM

Thank you.
    patrickswife25 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2009, 01:58 PM

Is there any place that can help me pay for my high school diploma I have done passed the test just need help paying for it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Night school for high school-aged people [ 15 Answers ]

I heard about there being night school for high school kids. In fact, I think a friend of a friend went to night school when I was in jr. high. I've searched Google, and can't find any listings or info for night schools in PA. Does anyone know if they exist for high schoolers, and where I could...

School grant to go back to school [ 3 Answers ]

I am a single 48 yr old lady and I don't have mean to just go back to school but I work as a nursing asst but would like to know how to go back to school is there any grants that will help me do so?

Home school vs. Public school? [ 53 Answers ]

My husband and I have decided to home school our children because we do not feel that the public education systems are very good these days. When we were in public school the teachers spent more time trying to control and disipline the class or individual students then they spent teaching. I also...

I want to sue a school [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I want to know if I have a case or not. My son was recently as I would put it assaulted by one of his teachers at school. This case is still under investigation but I want to know if I could sue the school or teacher and what are the limitations about this. Also we live in Missouri. ...

New School [ 2 Answers ]

Im moving this year and I'm going into 7th grade in a new middle school! And the school is huge I'm afriad I might not fit in... what should I do to make friends?

View more questions Search