Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1guyver2 Posts: 38, Reputation: 3

Mar 12, 2009, 03:41 PM
    Really Scared Lip Piercing Incident
    I got my lip pierced 6 weeks ago and I was told I can change it to a shorter bar. I changed it but it was too short. I had a really hard time getting it back out I have to use pliers and back of the acrylic stud I put in broke off and it was finally out. But the bump on the inside had ruptured/split. When I pull my lip out its like the bump splits in 2 and I can see the inside of it. It bled a lot!but thankfully it stopped. I'm really scared I don't know what to do.
    O_Troubles Posts: 313, Reputation: 20

Mar 12, 2009, 04:01 PM

Go to your piercer, if you go to a doctor they may tell you just to take it all out leave it out and let it close. Ask your piercer first if they say see a doctor then do it. Also make sure you stick with metel in your percings, any sort of plastic is actually toxic for your body which will not promote healing and may get infected easyer.

Mar 12, 2009, 04:12 PM

OK I will get to it. There was only blood. I think it's a keloid

Mar 12, 2009, 04:17 PM

Some percings to just get bumps and lumps if not cleaned properly, especially cartalage so your piercer would know they can help you get a shorter bar that also is the right size keep in mind swelling if the percing gets aggitated.

Mar 12, 2009, 04:31 PM
    OK its too late tonight where I am so I will go to tomorrow

Mar 12, 2009, 04:34 PM

OK keep posting as to how it goes

Mar 12, 2009, 04:51 PM
    I will. Thanks for the advice

Mar 14, 2009, 08:00 AM

Well I haven't had a chance to go to the doctors or my piercer. But the bump has gone back to how normal but sadly its still there. I still plan on going as soon as possible EDIT: OK I saw a dermatologist and its just displaced tissue. I think I I wear a ring in it it might go away.
    mugger Posts: 191, Reputation: 26

Mar 14, 2009, 06:32 PM

A ring is much more comfortable. It might not be the style, but it is more comfortable while eating and doesn't get that slow burning feeling as with the labret stud. Also like o_troubles says- stay away from the acrylic jewelry and stick to the metal, especially during the healing process. Acrylic is generally used for completely healed piercings. Metal is much easier to keep clean.
    XxBobbiexX Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2009, 09:16 PM
    Hey!
    I got my lip pierced about 12 days ago, and about 4 days ago I got the bar changed! Got really infected and swelled up big time! Now I'm on antibiotics, and the infection has gone except now I'm faced with a new problem, the inside skin has healed ova the piercing and I can't push it back through I don't know what to do I'm scared as!:(

Mar 22, 2009, 10:36 AM

Go to your piercer. They will cut it out. It happened to a friend of mine

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Just got cartilage pierced with piercing gun. Scared of keloids/scars/infections [ 8 Answers ]

I just got my cartilage pierced with a piercing gun at Claire's 3 days ago, and I regret that I did not do my research before I got it. After having it done, I researched online and all websites say that piercings guns should never be used for cartilage piercings because of all these reasons, and...

I'm scared about cartilage piercing! [ 6 Answers ]

Hey I'm kind of new at this but I want a cartilage piercing and I have really sensitive ears and I nervous it will hurt a lot. I have had my ears pierced before and I can handle the pain but I'm scared it will get infected so please help me Thx:)

BB Gun incident [ 4 Answers ]

My best friend is divorced and her ex husband has her children (9 year old boy and 15 year old girl) every other weekend. This weekend her son was outside with friends (unsupervised) playing with a bb gun. The gun went off and hit another child in the arm. My friend is mortified (needless to say)....

Car incident [ 4 Answers ]

Two days ago, I was backing out of a parking spot and did not see that a car was pulling in to the spot next to me. As I was backing out, my bumper hit their right back tire. There was no visible damage to either car. My car was caked with salt from the roads so it was difficult to see any...

Traffic incident [ 7 Answers ]

I recently backed up into a car slightly. I didn't think anything of it so I left. The police arrested me but did not read me my rights and they still handcuffed me and took me to jail. My insurance has lapsed but I know it was my fault. Also, these other people I think are trying to claim they...

View more questions Search