Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    13ecca Posts: 63, Reputation: 2

Feb 18, 2009, 06:38 AM
    Very irregular periods
    Hi all.
    I started my periods when I was 13 years old, at first they were irregular, like you would expect but since then they have got further and further apart.
    I am 17 now and my last period was July last year.
    I am overweight, could it be due to that?
    I do get stressed sometimes, but who doesn't? Also I am not pregnant?
    Any ideas.:confused:
    posey_84 Posts: 202, Reputation: 15

Feb 18, 2009, 07:17 AM

U have a ? After also I am not pregnant. Does this mean you could be?
    Being overweight can affect your periods as can stress however I would suggest you see your doctor as that is a long time to go without a period xx

Feb 18, 2009, 07:19 AM
    Oh no definitely not pregnant, just my grammar :rolleyes:

Feb 18, 2009, 07:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 13ecca View Post
    Oh no definitely not pregnant, just my grammer :rolleyes:
    And spelling for that matter...

Feb 18, 2009, 08:08 AM

oh OK! That's GOOD X I wudnt worry too much, periods are funny things and I've always had issues with mine and am always bak and forth to the doctor about them, but I would spk to your doctor just to put your mind at rest xx
    bsed11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2009, 08:00 PM

I have that same problem. I went to a gynecologist and she put me on a low dose birth control pill and scheduled me for an Ultrasound. The Ultrasound is to check for anything abnormal, and it wasn't so bad. I've been on the birth control for 2 weeks now, and I should be getting a period in early March. If I were you, I would go to the doctor , just as a precaution , and its almost certain that they will do the same thing for you.

Feb 19, 2009, 09:12 AM

Yes that's what they done for me too. Birth control to regulate my periods x

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Now irregular periods [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 14, 2 months away from being 15,I started my period when I was 11, not unusal, I was the last of my friends actually. And for the first year or two, they were regular. Four days every month, predictable, bla bla bla. But the past year or so (I don't exactly remember when this started happening,...

Irregular periods [ 5 Answers ]

I am nearly 44 and suddenly this month I have already had 3 periods in 3 weeks. What might be causing this and do I need to see a doctor?

Irregular periods [ 2 Answers ]

I know there are a lot of questions like this but I am 14 years old and when I first had my period I was 10 years old and it has never came on every month but anyway I have not had my period on since June of this year (six months) and I thought maybe it should have came on bye now but it hasn't is...

Irregular periods [ 2 Answers ]

Hi every month when I come on my period for last 5month I have been having blood clots any one know what could be causing these write back and thank you .:)

Irregular periods? [ 4 Answers ]

My Wife is having irregular period for last 2 months. I have listed the dates and days between period. She is not taking any pills. 3rdFeb - 42 days - 17th March - 38days - 24th April - 20 days - 15th May - 15 days - 31st May. But the period seems to be lasting for same 5days, and no...

View more questions Search