Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stormey44 Posts: 380, Reputation: 3

Dec 9, 2008, 09:07 AM
    Period and getting the iud removed
    Do they perfer you to be on your period when you get the iud removed I just found out I have crevitits caused from my iud and I have to get it removed and I know I had to be on my period will getting it put in and I think I will be starting soon and my appt is Friday and if you are not supposed to be on I was going to change my appt but if you are I am going to keep myappt also does it hurt to get it removed?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2008, 09:57 AM

It shouldn't be an issue... they sometimes place it while you are on your period or very soon after because it is less likely you would be pregnant at that time and it is easier to do so... this can sometimes make removal easier as well, so it may actually be to your advantage to be on your period at that time.

While I can speak from experience, from what I have heard it may be slightly uncomfortable but shouldn't be unusually painful. Hopefully others will be able to provide some personal experience... :)
    stormey44 Posts: 380, Reputation: 3

Dec 9, 2008, 11:36 AM

Thank u so mcuh for the help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No period after having the copper IUD removed [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am 24 years old mother of 2. I had the copper IUD fitted after the birth of my second child 2 years ago. I decided to have it removed because me and my husband want to try for another baby. I had it removed 4 day before I was due to had a period but I have'nt had a period I'm 5 days late now...

Iud removed and still no period [ 1 Answers ]

At the beginning of February I had to have my IUD removed when I noticed it was coming out. At the time I was 5 days late with my period and they tested me told me I was not pregnant. It's now 3 weeks later and I still don't have my period and as of last Friday a pregnancy test still came back...

View more questions Search