Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roroco Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2008, 01:09 PM
    Gas lamp post mantles
    My gas lamp post uses special formed mantles available only by mail and 4 of the last 6 I ordered broke in shipment. These mantles have a plastic mounting that secures them to the gas pipe
    QUESTION: can I use regular Coleman gas lantern mantles on my gas lamp post?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 19, 2008, 08:01 PM

I'd give it a try, the Coleman usually have a small string to chinch them up befopre your burn them. Not much to loose here.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2008, 08:30 PM
    [QUOTE=roroco;1383275]My gas lamp post uses special formed mantles available only by mail and 4 of the last 6 I ordered broke in shipment. These mantles have a plastic mounting that secures them to the gas pipe
    QUESTION: can I use regular Coleman gas lantern mantles on my gas lamp post?

If I were you I would try the Coleman type, if they work that is fine if they don't I would check with an old fashion hardware store, not Home Depot of Lowe's.

Also check with your gas supplier For a while they sold Gas Lamps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Amish Fireplace mantles [ 1 Answers ]

Is Amish Fireplace mantle just an electric heater and what size area will 5,119 BTU's heat?

Hanging lamp [ 10 Answers ]

I would like to know how to hardwire a drum lightshade to make a hanging lamp

Service line size recommendation for a gas lamp post [ 6 Answers ]

The double mantled gas lamp post in front of our home is operational, but the light emitted is not very bright. The post is located about 40 feet from the main gas service at the meter, and the line serving it is 1/4" soft copper. Considering the length of the line and the amount of gas required,...

Hampton post lamp [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for parts to replace the aluminum post on a Hampton Bay post lantern. It is broken off at the base and I would like to replace the entire post. Where would I get one?

Gas lamp post [ 3 Answers ]

How much does a gas lamp post cost per year? Would I be better off switching to an electric post that is 300 watts with a photosensor? Thank you, Don

View more questions Search