Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bbaylor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2008, 10:52 AM
    Verbal abuse in the workplace
    Hello My name is bea baylor and I am new to this community so hello everyone I am a nurse and a conusltant I recently did some work for an agency and help her get her agency up and running with staffing to billing to payroll and when if came time to ask for my fee the owner started with verbal abuse the business is closed I am not there anymore but now the owner is sueing me for half of the broken lease and trying to tie me in as her business partner help I am not on the lease nor is my name on the corporation

Thanks
    codyman144 Posts: 544, Reputation: 31

Nov 13, 2008, 06:44 AM

If you haven't already hire a good lawer and give them all the facts and any or all documentation you have. I am thinking they will suggest a counter suit, but get a lawer ASAP.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 13, 2008, 06:58 AM

It sounds like they are going to try and prove that it was your poor management or choices that caused them to close, thus making you liable for some of their loses. Since it appears you were not an employee but a contract advisor of some sort.

But this can be very hard, and documentation is going to be very important, you need local professional legal help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Verbal abuse [ 4 Answers ]

Please can someone give me some advice. I have been married for a year and love my husband dearly but he has started to verbally abuse me. I know I can be irritating (I am a woman after all!) but when we argue he shouts balistically at me, out of control. He calls me names 'idiot' 'mental case' '...

Verbal abuse [ 2 Answers ]

OK, it was 9:00pm & I just got home from school. I work full-time & go to school 2 nights a week. I stopped by CVS to get the boyfriend the newspaper & grabed myself a pizza. I assume he'd already eaten because I've been in class & its not like there's going to be a meal cooked this late at night....

Verbal Abuse [ 2 Answers ]

What signs show verbal abuse?

Verbal Abuse(Teenager) [ 1 Answers ]

Okay I'm a 15 year old girl and I know this isn't normal for you to see things from teenagers on here. My mom and dad have been married for quite a few years now and ever since I was young they've fought. This is really hard for me to talk about but its to the point where I think I should get...

Verbal abuse? [ 4 Answers ]

My neighbor is married to a listed sexual predator. His picture is on the internet for our state as a sexual predator. I worked with this man for 5 years. It was very difficult, because he is such a horrible guy. He finally was fired. He has a anti-social personality. His wife is totally...

View more questions Search