Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrhall Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2008, 11:47 PM
    Should I put my last employer on my resume
    I recently quit my job do to harassment. I was constanlty referred to as a faggot, flake, and a that serves people by my managers. This had gone on for nearly a year along with a multitude of other derogatory comments. I complained to upper management but they would not do anything about it. While still working for them I filed a complaint with the EEOC and all hell broke loose. They became paranoid and immediately wrote me up and blah blah blah. I quit.

So now I am in search of a new job and it has been quite difficult. And I have placed them on my resume. Should I remove them?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2008, 11:57 PM

Hi, mrhall!

This is difficult situation! If you take them off your resume, then there will be a gap in your resume. If you leave them on, you risk them contacting that employer about you.

Is there an entity that's even above the EEOC that you could contact?

Are there also any witnesses to the harassment that you received who you trust who would be willing to write or speak on your behalf?

Thanks!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 15, 2008, 06:03 AM

First you need a civil rights attorney besides the EEOC, to file a law suit against them.
    The EEOC will only do so much,

Legally you are to tell them all ofyour places you worked when you fill out an application.

There are many types of resumes some do not list places you work but merely list duties and experince you have. This is done for many reasons,

They list duties, experience in certain areas and training and so on.

But remember on the actual application, if they are not listed that is a reason to fire you latter for lying on the application

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

H1B transfer - whether current employer know about the new employer [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Experts Currently I am on H1b visa with company A. I would like to transfer this to Company B. I heard that Company A will not know that it is transferring to Compnay B during the transfer. Is this correct? Also, after successful transfer to compnay B whether USCIS will send any...

I need resume help, please! [ 3 Answers ]

All right well this year I'm a senior, and I want to go to school for radiology. But the problem is... im not really sure on how to write a resume. And that's the only thing stopping me from starting my applications. I already have my letters of recommendation... but they need a resume and I don't...

Calling the employer after sending the resume? [ 15 Answers ]

Would you recommend calling the employer after you've sent a resume? I kind of go both ways on this, on one hand I don't want to seem pushy but on the other I want them to know I'm interested. If so can you provide and example of what you should say? Thanks for any ideas for suggestions.

View more questions Search