Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    badeau Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2008, 09:52 AM
    Little Jimmy's Italian Ice
    Does anyone know about Little Jimmy's Italian Ice. My husband and I are thinking about setting up a cart to sell at festivials. I want to know if anyone has had any experience with this company. Like are they a good solid company. I know they have their own carts to sell but could I get them cheaper on eBay or some other place. They say you can make a couple of thousands in one weekend if you are at the right place. We are trying so hard to figure out a way to make some extra cash without going into major debt. We have two boys in college right now and I'm trying to keep them from coming out of college in debt. Any help out there?

Thanks so much for your input
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 5, 2008, 12:54 PM
    badeau, I googled the site putting in 'little jimmy's italian ce' and came up with many sites related to it. But a word of advice, find out who already has a franchise before investing, phone around and talk to people about the company they franchised from before investing your money.
    italianiceman Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Oct 20, 2008, 01:22 PM

I ordered a Little Jimmy's Italian Ice cart - Plan -A. I borrowed the start-up money and making enough to pay the note and will pay it off early

This is a very easy business to run on the side. I have done two small festivals.

I have made made money on both. I am doing a large festival this week-end.

There are a few hidden cost that you need to consider.

1. Large Freezer to store Italian Ice at home.
    2. Monthly storage fee at a cold storage place.
    3. Health certificate for each event or an yearly certificate from your state.
    4. You may have rent a trailer for each event.

The great thing about Little Jimmy's is the help and guidance you get from their staff.

Set-up at shows is easy. Selling the product is very easy.
    You really need two people sell the Little Jimmy's, because you will get very busy.

You may want to wait until the weather gets warmer to get started, but I would recommend it.

JRamos
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Nov 25, 2008, 05:13 PM
    Thanks iceman!
    Nice to know of the hidden costs to running this business.
    I'm here in Wisconsin so this would have to be a summer only business.

I've had the jimmy's site bookmarked for a while, first read about it in a business
    2006 opportunity magazine.

It looks like a fun business to run!
    There's a really funny video on YouTube as well.
    twiddledeedum Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2008, 10:52 PM
    Comment on italianiceman's post
    I also have been talking to little Jimmys and find them very helpful and informatiive
    twiddledeedum Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2008, 12:17 PM
    Dear Italianiceman I have been considering a little Jimmy's italian ice cart plan for awhile and wonder if you have any information or ever inquired what happens to the carts of people who go for the business then decide to stop. I understand Little Jimmy's does not buy the carts back and they are quite expensive a little too expensive just to leave sitting in the garage. I am sure some people sell the business but there must be used carts out there somewhere ? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by italianiceman View Post
    I ordered a Little Jimmy's Italian Ice cart - Plan -A. I borrowed the start-up money and making enough to pay the note and will pay it off early

This is a very easy business to run on the side. I have done two small festivals.

I have made made money on both. I am doing a large festival this week-end.

There are a few hidden cost that you need to consider.

1. Large Freezer to store Italian Ice at home.
    2. Monthly storage fee at a cold storage place.
    3. Health certificate for each event or an yearly certificate from your state.
    4. You may have rent a trailer for each event.

The great thing about Little Jimmy's is the help and guidance you get from their staff.

Set-up at shows is easy. Selling the product is very easy.
    You really need two people sell the Little Jimmy's, because you will get very busy.

You may want to wait until the weather gets warmer to get started, but I would recommend it.

JRamos
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2010, 12:13 AM
    Old and now archived thread that is attracting advertising and solicitatioin.

Thread is now CLOSED.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Italian Lessons! [ 4 Answers ]

Is there anyone on here I can practice Italian with? If not, can someone tell me a good way to learn Italian? It doesn't have to be easy.. I'm willing to put in effort.

Does Anyone Know Any Italian Words? [ 8 Answers ]

I was wondering if any one knows how to say a couple Italain words. Such as: "I love you" "I ike you" "You mean to the world to me" The romantic type of words.

Italian Greyhound [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have an Italian greyhound he is 8months. He is in a crate when I go to work in the morning from 8am to 1pm and doesn't urinate in his crate. My girlfriend comes home and walks him at 1pm he goes to the bathroom.When I get home at 4pm 80% of the time he releives himself on the floor.I don't...

View more questions Search