Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    avenger9000 Posts: 99, Reputation: 2

Sep 18, 2008, 03:32 AM
    My first attempts at writing a song! How to make it better?
    Hey guys this is my first attempt at writing a song, and I really need some help on the lyrics, and how to make them better. I wrote the verse, the prechorus, and part of the chorus because I got stuck.. so please help! Here's the bits I have written/. And maybe also you can suggest a title for it :-)

When I look back at my life
    So filled with misery and strife
    I can't help but burst into tears
    Wish someone was there to wash away my fears

When I look at this crazy world
    Lying, betrayal, guns and swords
    Into the hopelessness I stare
    Wondering why nobody seems to care

PreChorus

Yes, life is unfair, life is mean
    Makes me want to cry, want to scream
    But don't fret, there is still hope
    The one life saving rope:

Chorus

Jesus, our saviour and only hope
    Even in the times whe life is the hardest cope
    silverfox1988 Posts: 9, Reputation: 0

Sep 18, 2008, 05:26 PM
    It's good, but if you want some advice- Sometimes when we write lyrics, we can focus too much on making it rhyme and fit, and in doing this, we sometimes lose the meaning of the lyrics and limit ourselves to what we want to say.

I'm guessing the song has Christian relevance, so you could refer to the bible for title ideas.
    Luvscats11 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2008, 05:31 PM
    I really like it :). Rhyming is on the safe side. But it really depends on how you want your temp to go. I think that you should for with silverfox's idea and do a bible reference. How about one that talks about how your empty without the Lord? Um.. Psalms has some good ones :)
    Hope this helps,
    Kristine
    avenger9000 Posts: 99, Reputation: 2

Sep 18, 2008, 10:16 PM
    Yeah um. Basically, what inspired me is the suicidal moments I have had about a week ago that lasted well 3 or 4 days until I snapped out of it and realised that well God is still there He has never and will never give up on me... even though my life sucks and this world is well bad.

Hope that gives you more information to work with!
    AmyLeefreak Posts: 69, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2009, 03:20 PM

It's good and clever. But, try to think about each emotion you were feeling at momeant. Just beacues one word sounds good with another doesn't mean you have to wright it.:)
    Sylvanta Sybil Posts: 74, Reputation: 5

Sep 23, 2009, 01:27 AM

Cool! What's the genre? I mean besides Christian, is this rock?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2009, 01:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvanta Sybil View Post
    Cool! What's the genre? I mean besides Christian, is this rock?
    Hi, Sylvanta Sybil!

A lot of contemporary Christian music is rock.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I just want to know p are in writing minutes and what really writing [ 3 Answers ]

I just want to know the procedures in writing minutes and what really entails in writing minutes.

Asset Acceptance Collection attempts lawful? [ 4 Answers ]

I have been doing some research since Asset Acceptance LLC keeps calling for an AT&T (Southwestern Bell) phone bill dating to 2005. Here are the results of my research. I would love for others to verify my findings and see if my conclusions are correct in assuming they actually don’t have the...

Who sings the country song that goes you make the happiest man in the world [ 1 Answers ]

Who sings the country song that goes: you make me the happiest man in the world

Waterhammer despite attempts to fix [ 5 Answers ]

I redirected my washer downstairs (directly below where it used to be) and since then have some pretty serious water hammer whenever the washer's cold water turns off. There is approximately 5 feet of 1/2" copper pipe that runs up to the ceiling. I installed a water hammer arrester (the $10 mini...

Song writing comp [ 4 Answers ]

I don't know if I am posting this in the right spot but I am looking for a songwriting/ lyrics writing competition still open that offers cash and prizes if anyone knows any please post here. Hope you are having a good day.

View more questions Search