Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    andyhaus1057 Posts: 98, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2008, 03:22 PM
    Wedding party
    I'm 23 years old.. My girlfriend's good friend Mary got married this past weekend. My girlfriend, Chrissy, was a bridesmaid. I was not in the wedding, but she was nice enough to invite me to her wedding rehearsal dinner. At the dinner I talked to Mary's brother Mike for a little while, and told him that we would have a great time at the wedding. Her brother Alex was at the other side of the table, and both Alex's and Mikes girlfriends were there. This was the first time I met Mike and Alex. I shook their hands before my girlfriend and I left. At the wedding the other day, I talked to Mike for awhile like the last time I talked to him, and we got along really well. Anyhow, I was pretty hammered and I shook Alex's hand was like "What's up dude.. aren't you Melissa's brother?" (I didn't really get introduced to him from the time before) And he shook my hand and was like "yeah..' and walked away because other people were trying to talk to him. So I took some picture of the bride and groom and by that time Alex was getting to leave, he was making his rounds of giving people hugs and such and then he walked up to me and gave me a man hug... I said something like "c-ya later brother" it was cool.. like with new people I'm too shy to give man hugs, but that kid seemed like someone I would want to be friends with, you know? And I probably won't see him for a long time, but like that warmth just kind of made me want to be a loving person.. someone who tries to love everyone, you know? So my question is, do you think that him giving me a man hug was a sign of respect in a I-heart-you-man way?

I'm 23 years old.. My girlfriend's good friend Mary got married this past weekend. My girlfriend, Chrissy, was a bridesmaid. I was not in the wedding, but she was nice enough to invite me to her wedding rehearsal dinner. At the dinner I talked to Mary's brother Mike for a little while, and told him that we would have a great time at the wedding. Her brother Alex was at the other side of the table, and both Alex's and Mikes girlfriends were there. This was the first time I met Mike and Alex. I shook their hands before my girlfriend and I left. At the wedding the other day, I talked to Mike for awhile like the last time I talked to him, and we got along really well. Anyhow, I was pretty hammered and I shook Alex's hand was like " it was cool.. like with new people I'm too shy to give man hugs, but that kid seemed like someone I would want to be friends with, you know? And I probably won't see him for a long time, but like that warmth just kinda made me want to be a loving person.. someone who tries to love everyone, you know? So my question is, do you think that him giving me a man hug was a sign of respect in a i-heart-you-man way?

I'm 23 years old.. My girlfriend's good friend Mary got married this past weekend. My girlfriend, Chrissy, was a bridesmaid. I was not in the wedding, but she was nice enough to invite me to her wedding rehearsal dinner. At the dinner I talked to Mary's brother Mike for a little while, and told him that we would have a great time at the wedding. Her brother Alex was at the other side of the table, and both Alex's and Mikes girlfriends were there. This was the first time I met Mike and Alex. I shook their hands before my girlfriend and I left. At the wedding the other day, I talked to Mike for awhile like the last time I talked to him, and we got along really well. Anyhow, I was pretty hammered and I shook Alex's hand was like " (I didn't really get introduced to him from the time before) And he shook my hand and was like " (I didn't really get introduced to him from the time before) And he shook my hand and was like "c-ya later brother" it was cool.. like with new people I'm too shy to give man hugs, but that kid seemed like someone I would want to be friends with, you know? And I probably won't see him for a long time, but like that warmth just kind of made me want to be a loving person.. someone who tries to love everyone, you know? So my question is, do you think that him giving me a man hug was a sign of respect in a I-heart-you-man way?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2008, 03:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhaus1057
    I'm 23 years old.. My girlfriend's good friend Mary got married this past weekend. My girlfriend, Chrissy, was a bridesmaid. I was not in the wedding, but she was nice enough to invite me to her wedding rehearsal dinner. At the dinner I talked to Mary's brother Mike for a little while, and told him that we would have a great time at the wedding. Her brother Alex was at the other side of the table, and both Alex's and Mikes girlfriends were there. This was the first time I met Mike and Alex. I shook their hands before my girlfriend and I left. At the wedding the other day, I talked to Mike for awhile like the last time I talked to him, and we got along really well. Anyhow, I was pretty hammered and I shook Alex's hand was like "What's up dude.. aren't you Melissa's brother?" (I didn't really get introduced to him from the time before) And he shook my hand and was like "yeah..' and walked away because other people were trying to talk to him. So I took some picture of the bride and groom and by that time Alex was getting to leave, he was making his rounds of giving people hugs and such and then he walked up to me and gave me a man hug... I said something like "c-ya later brother" it was cool.. like with new people I'm too shy to give man hugs, but that kid seemed like someone I would want to be friends with, you know? And I probably won't see him for a long time, but like that warmth just kinda made me want to be a loving person.. someone who tries to love everyone, you know? So my question is, do you think that him giving me a man hug was a sign of respect in a i-heart-you-man way?

I don't see it as a sign of respect - I see a lot of people drinking for a while and so, who knows how he's like under any other circumstance.

He may always hug people, want to be friends - or he could be polite or he could be under the influence.

(Please don't keep posting the same question - other post should be pulled.)
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 31, 2008, 03:45 PM
    I think, from the sound of it, he was having a great time at the wedding, and probably had a few drinks himself. He was probably trying to make you feel welcome. Take it for what it was worth, and leave it at that. Next time you see him, just mention what a great time you had at the wedding, and you were glad to be included. Simple as that.
    andyhaus1057 Posts: 98, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2008, 03:55 PM
    Ah, I got a females perspective. Never mind.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 31, 2008, 06:06 PM
    Plese do not make more than one posts, I have merged the two posts

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bachelor Party Vs Wedding Invite [ 11 Answers ]

Hello All- I was invited to an old friends "destination" bachelor party in Costa Rica. He was my roommate from 04-06 and we were close. After he meet his now fiancé, he moved out and shunned most of his friends for her. The wedding is in August and I was not invited. He snubbed several of...

Daughters in wedding party when dad remarries? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm new here, so hello everybody! I posted something similar to what I want to put here in the etiquette section, but I didn't seem to be getting any answers over there. As long as I'm not breaking any rules, I was hoping I could ask all of you and the wedding experts for your advice. Maybe I'll...

Father remarries - daughters not in the wedding party? [ 1 Answers ]

Within a year of my parents' divorce (after 37 years of marriage), my father got remarried. My younger sister, who can be very difficult to get along with, was staying in the family home with my father and (then) fiancé, and she wound up arguing regularly with our step-mother-to-be. I live in...

Which party afford wedding ceremony? [ 2 Answers ]

I want to know whether men's family devote money or women' does.

Courthouse Now, Wedding Party Later [ 2 Answers ]

My Fiancé and I want to get married at the Courthouse in the next month or two, but have an actual wedding in a year or so. What is the proper way of having the actual wedding? We obviously won't need someone there to marry us (again), or will we? How does this work?

View more questions Search