Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kgilton5044 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2008, 08:56 AM
    Paterinity Testing for deceased
    My ex husband did paternity test for my son after 7 years and found out he wasn't the father and I searched and found my son's biological father is deceased. How do I go about finding out paternity?:confused:
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2008, 09:10 AM
    Often in that case his fathers dna or other close relatives DNA can be used.
    Talk to the people that would be doing the testing and they should be able to tell you the best thing for you to do.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2008, 09:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kgilton5044
    My ex husband did paternity test for my son after 7 years and found out he wasn't the father and I searched and found my son's biological father is deceased. How do i go about finding out paternity?:confused:

Sometimes the Court will get involved if the alleged father is deceased. I do not believe the Court can order testing of family members if they do not consent - which is the only way when the alleged father is deceased.

You would have to ask about the policy in your area.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need dna testing from deceased father's child [ 1 Answers ]

How can I get a court order for dna testing for 16 yr old who might be my grandchild. Her mother had moved after the child was born. She had pursued dna testing and at that time my son was in critical condition from a drunk driver who went onto the shoulder of the road and hit my son while he was...

Debts of the deceased [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my ex partner whom is the father of my 4year old daughter has recently committed suicide. He has a house which has been remorgaged, he has so much dept from bank loans and credit cards which neither me or his sister (his only other family) knew anything about. His sister is now his next of kin...

Deceased parent's car [ 1 Answers ]

My dad passed away shortly after making a down payment of $10,000 and financing$36,000 on a new car. I am in charge of settling his estate. I do not want the car and would like to just drop it off at the bank where he got the loan. Can I simply take the car the bank and leave it with them...

Deceased loved one [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I just had my daughter on April 17th, shortly after that I had a dream about my deceased aunt. It was night time and I saw her on my front lawn. When she came in the door she had two gift bags (she was wearing a black jacket). She didn't speak. She then hung a picture on the wall. It was a...

Deceased with no will [ 3 Answers ]

My friend died outside of United States and the death certificate was issued by other country. He had no will but the beneficiary is his mother. The family claimed the health care expenses from health insurance company and they received the check in the name of deceased. How can the mother get that...

View more questions Search