Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Paul B Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2006, 06:56 PM
    2nd Mortgage Holder did not file claim
    Our Chapter 13 was confirmed in November 2005. We have a 1st and 2nd mortgage but our 2nd mortgage holder, Charter One, did not file a claim. So only our 1st mortgage is being paid through the plan.

Does Charter One still have a lien since they did not file a claim within the 60 day period? If they do still have a claim, how do we get it filed so that they start being paid through the plan?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 14, 2006, 07:17 PM
    You need to discuss this with your attorney. There can be some issues about this not being paid. I am not up on the new changes, but a secured debt under a chapter 13 has to be addressed not ignored.
    Paul B Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2006, 08:34 PM
    Thanks for the quick response.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who is holder in Due Course? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a promissory note, stamped and signed as follows: Pay to the order of Mortgage Co. X, without recourse mortgage Co. Y and signed by President of company and E.V.P. also shows: Pay to the order of _____________without recourse, Mortgage Co. X signed by president and C.F.O. ...

401(K) - good or bad for H1B holder? [ 5 Answers ]

I am on H1B visa for last two years and most likely will leave US after I finish 4 more years. I would take my funds back from 401(K) when I leave US. I know that I would have to pay 10% penalty. Also, I know that the company which handles my 401(k) funds will deduct 20% for tax retention. And then...

How should a h1-b holder file tax return? [ 3 Answers ]

I got hi-b visa and arrived and worked in New York at November 1,2005. How should I file tax return? How many kinds of taxes should I pay? Which forms should I use? I only know the deadline of 2005 income tax return is July 17,2006. Thank you very much.

Tax for H1B holder [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I got an postdoctoral fellow offer under H1B visa from one university in US. If I hold Singapore passport, do I need to pay tax? How about china possport? Thanks.

View more questions Search