Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeremyrparker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2008, 02:26 AM
    Im adopted I need to know my mothers maiden name for leagl purposes I don't know my
    I need my mothers maiden name for leagl purposes. I was adopted
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 23, 2008, 03:22 AM
    If you are adopted, your legal last name is your adopted parents name.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 23, 2008, 07:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyrparker
    i need my mothers maiden name for leagl purposes. i was adopted

If you are legally adopted your mother's maiden name is your adopted mother's maiden name.
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

May 23, 2008, 08:13 AM
    Absolutley correct, the maiden name is the maiden name of your adopted mother.
    If in fact you need the birth mother's maiden name, that is assuming you know that she is maried. Can I ask what the legal purpose would be for asking this question? There is a way of going about finding out medical history without disclosing their identity, you can also do a search to find their identity if they are interested in being located. Please write back and let me know, if your comfortable, what that need might be.
    Thanks in advance.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 23, 2008, 01:26 PM
    No, there is no legal reason you even need to know your bio parents name. Your mother is the lady who adopted you, and it is her maiden name that is your mothers maiden name

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need Bioligical mothers maiden name [ 3 Answers ]

I was raised by my dad's mom. My father passed away several years ago. I now need my biological mothers name as I lost my birth certificate and it was only the card form that didn't have my parents name. I have my ID and Social but can't apply for a new BC without Her name. What can I do?

Tax purposes [ 3 Answers ]

If a parcel of land that was originally purchased for $85,00 is offered for sale at $150,000, is assessed for tax purposes at $95,000, is recognized by its purchasers as easily being worth $140,000, and is purchased for $137,000, the land should be recorded in the purchaser's books at:

How do I find out my mothers maiden name? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm adopted and I want to find out something about my mum right now. Her name is Dena Webster but I don't know her maiden name before she married my so called father. Please can someone help me find it out?

Marrying a gril whose mothers surname is same as my mothers [ 4 Answers ]

I am jain, I love one girl from our caste ,her mothers family surname and my mothers family surname is same? Now I was was not knowng her until I met her , she is not related to me , yet everyone is sayng it will be like brother sister marriage! Also people talk about genetic problems due to...

My mom wants to take leagl action? [ 3 Answers ]

OK so I have this ex and I broke up with him and before we dated we were good friends and then after he wanted nothing to do with me and I kept telling him that if he ever changed his mind then I would be here and all that. but then all he did was text me call me or leave me messages saying mean...

View more questions Search