Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    seanyboy Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2008, 06:20 AM
    Military,baby and broken heart.
    Okay basically I was with my girlfriend from college through 5years of military service (still going) I had a baby boy with her almost 2yrs ago we argued frequently mostly it was about me being away a lot of the time and I never got on with her parents at all and she was very close to them so that didn't help any.

She split up with me 2weeks ago saying she needed time then a few days ago said she didn't want a relationship anymore however she still sleeps with me when I'm home but says I should look for someone else I know she has no one else and I have to see her when I'm home for my son I really need her is there ever going to be another chance? I've told her id change anything she didn't like.
    I think its partly because her parents were so pleased when they heard that she doesn't want to go back to square one (wishful thinking maybe:p )
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 20, 2008, 06:30 AM
    Whether your in an official relationship, or not, you are tied to her through your child, so be a good father. I suspect, the fact your not there often enough for her, has soured this personal relationship, as it's long distance love at best. Sorry guy, you need to make a choice here about your life, and basically leave hers alone. I think she needs more, than you can give, and it won't be long until she gets it, and your officially out. You must act responsibly, both of you, for your child, so getting along is the priority, not getting her back.

Apr 20, 2008, 07:21 AM
    But surely if I was to leave my career in the military this would resolve any issues we had I pay most of her bills she would basically be homeless if I cut myself off from her,
    My son isn't an issue I spend every day I have spare with him he'll never go wanting I duno if I'm trying to convince myself she needs me because of how much I need her don't you think she would come around if I was there all the time?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 20, 2008, 08:16 AM
    I honestly don't know. Should you sacrifice a career for this relationship? I don't know that either. But what I would do in your shoes, is take it as she has said, set up child support, and she can pay her own way. Discuss this arrangement with her, as its very unfair to support someone who can't support you. The bottom line is communicate, to come to some sort of plan that is fair to you both, at this stage in the game. If not then the court will set the rules. Its debatable whether your presence, on a daily basis, can make a difference, it may be worse, but a topic to discuss with her. I would set the lines of communications first, and worry about all else latter.

Mar 12, 2009, 05:10 AM

For the benefit of anyone who reads this... I was completely wrong I gave up my career and we gave our relationship another go it then crumbled to nothing. Im now a lot happier without her but gutted I gave up my career
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2009, 05:40 AM

Sorry to hear that things didn't work out, I hope you are still doing right by your son

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heart broken [ 6 Answers ]

I tried to contact someone I still have feelings for but I couldn't reach them so I had a friend to give them the message for me and they haven't called me I think he doesn't care I finally see that now I need advice on what to do because it 's hard to forget about it?

Heart Broken [ 3 Answers ]

Well, Where do I start well it was December 2006 me and my friend went to a party at the club down the road :) , and we saw some friends (boys) we hadn't seen in awhile and they had some new friends they brought to the party, and I got talking to one of them called shaun he sounded so sweet and...

Heart broken [ 7 Answers ]

Hey everybody I relli need help on this one... ok so I been dating this man and its been quite some time and honestly I'm in love with him and he's about 28 and I'm 20.. I may be expecting a baby.. not excatly sure yet.. nd he on the other hand just totally changed he's not how he was when we first...

Broken heart [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to get over a broken heart? Anyone?

Broken heart [ 10 Answers ]

Ok Question Ive Been Married Twice I Finally Met A Guy That Meets All My Criteria. Well He Tells Me He Loves Me. He Has A Problem At Work And Tries To Find Another Job Out Of State So I Try To Stick With Him Even Though I Don't See Him But Once A Week And Don't Talk To Him Much. So Hes Out Of...

View more questions Search