Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    123456as Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2008, 09:16 AM
    Should I take an pregnancy test?
    Okay I had sex with a guy that really likes me and I like him too a lot. We had sex a week ago and during the condom was came off for a while. We didn't relize it until we finished? Could I be preganant or take the test because I'm not on birthcontrol or anything.
    Lil_angel6600 Posts: 27, Reputation: 2

Mar 23, 2008, 09:27 AM
    Well wait until you miss your period. The test would come back right this soon. There is a possibility you are but there is also a chance your not.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2008, 09:38 AM
    Not exactly sure what your question is.

If you are asking can unprotected sex get you pregnant, the answer is, of course, yes.

If you are asking can sex without a condom before his having an orgasm get you pregnant, the answer is maybe, kind of. I mean... he needs to ejaculate sperm but that isn't necessarily something he can feel. While most of the time orgasm and ejaculation are close in timing, they are not necessarily in synch... meaning he actually can begin to ejaculate before he feels orgasm. The bulk of the ejaculate might come with orgasm, but that doesn't mean he can't present sperm inside you earlier. It is one reason why the withdrawl method of birth control can have up to a 30% failure rate, thought I've seen reports of it as low as rates comperable to condom use or birth control.

Do you know where you were in your fertility cycle? My suggestion is if you aren't tracking this, do it. Its still no perfect guarantee to not get pregnant, only abstinance will do that... but understanding when you are most fertile can help you understand when you are more likely to get pregnant. Abstaining from sex, even protected, during this time is probably the best thing if you seriously don't want to deal with a pregnancy.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Mar 23, 2008, 10:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 123456as
    Okay i had sex with a guy that really likes me and i like him too alot. We had sex a week ago and during the condom was came off for a while. We didnt relize it until we finished? Could i be preganant or take the test because im not on birthcontrol or anything.
    Some comments :
    First : when you had sex, how many days after your last period was that? From that date you can calculate if it is likely that you are pregnant now.
    Secondly : as you had unprotected sex, why did you not yet go to a doctor to get extra protection for a possible venereal disease? Also nice boyfriends who you love and who love you can infect you...
    Thirdly : the next day you should have gone to a doctor to get the morning after pill to make sure you would not fall pregnant. After a full week it may be too late for that now.
    Please note that waiting till you should get your next period is waiting till it is too late to do anything appropriate. If you want to do anything to prevent a pregnancy do it NOW!! Go and see a doctor!!
    Discuss with your doctor if a pregnancy test is of any use at this moment.
    Where were you when there was sexual education?
    :rolleyes:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnancy test [ 2 Answers ]

This might sound like a dumb question--is it possible for some women to never register on a urine pregnancy test?

Blood test or pregnancy test? [ 3 Answers ]

Is a blood test more accurate to tell if someone is pregnant than a pregancy test?

Pregnancy test [ 4 Answers ]

What pragnancy test is more liable clear blue or EPT

Pregnancy test [ 20 Answers ]

How soon after you think you're pregnant can you take a pregnancy test?

Should I do a pregnancy test yet ? [ 1 Answers ]

My partner and I have just started trying for a baby so I don't want to get my hopes to high. But my period is three days late. I have had more vaginal discharge than usual (non itchy etc) I have been having some quite bad lower abdominal cramps, very similar to menstrual cramps. My breasts are...

View more questions Search