Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Doores Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2008, 12:37 PM
    Would diesel fuel still be good if kept gelled for 5 years?
    If you have a tanker full of diesel fuel, store it outside in -20 degree weather the fuel will gel. The tanker remains outside in -20 degree weather for the next 5 years. Then when the fuel was needed the tanker was hauled into a building and allowed to heat up, liquefying the diesel fuel again. Would the diesel fuel still be good to use?
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Mar 27, 2008, 02:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Doores
    Would the diesel fuel still be good to use?
    Although this method of storing is not recommended, gelled fuel returns to a stable liquid state when it is brought well above the gel point temperature (70 degrees F. or higher). Run it afterwards through a filter to remove any dirt.
    Success!
    ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fuel filter for 6.2L Diesel [ 1 Answers ]

I am having a problem with my 1987 Chevy truck with the 6.2L diesel. I have a 2008 Dodge Ram with the cummins so I am not very familiar with this old truck. I just had all the electrical gone through... starter, battaries, all of the cables including wireing through the firewall to accessories......

7.3 Power Stroke Diesel does it have a fuel pump ? [ 4 Answers ]

1997 7.3 Power Stroke ford truck does it have a Diesel fuel pump ? My truck runs for a little time (2min) and shuts down.then will not start till it sits for a few hours.

Diesel fuel leaking from flexplate [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2000 ford f 350 pick up diesel. I have been noticing a stain on my driveway. I put my finger in the stain and is was diesel. It was leaking from the flex plate. I took it off and found nothing but I did notice the valley on top was wet. The truck has 144,760 miles on it.

View more questions Search