Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wizzkid89 Posts: 243, Reputation: 63

Nov 23, 2005, 12:57 AM
    Gone Turkey Hunting
    Hey everybody, this isn't really a debate, just something I have been wondering about. The topic is how you spend your thanksgiving? In my family it has always been around probably 6 people, my moms, sister, step-dad and I + the grandparents. However because my grandfather passed away last year around October, and my grandmother moved back to my hometown which is roughly 1,500 miles from California, we will be celebrating our thanksgiving with just us 4. That is how I am going to spend my thanksgiving, and I have been wondering how everyone else spends theirs. Do you get in a big group, small group like mine, do you celebrate thanksgiving a whole bunch of times, do you go out the city,state,country? Who knows? I just thought it would be fun to find out because turkey day is almost upon us.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2005, 05:05 AM
    Thanksgiving
    Hi,
    Sounds like you have a good Thanksgiving Day, and hope you do tomorrow, also.
    My wife and I are going to one of our best friend's home for Thanksgiving, taking a turkey, dressing, gravy, dessert. It's kind of a "bring a dish" dinner, with about 6 people. We give thanks for all our blessings throughout the year, and eat on and off throughout the day.
    Hope you have a good one.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2005, 05:05 AM
    Comment on wizzkid89's post
    Thank you for sharing.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 23, 2005, 05:15 AM
    :( *sniff*
    :( Being in the UK we don't have Thanks giving, so we have to wait until Christmas, oops sorry meant The Holidays, before we can have the Turkey and all the other good stuff :(
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 23, 2005, 08:41 AM
    With our remaining family spread out over the US, Turkey Day is usually just the 3 of us (myself my wife and daughter). Generally we go out to a restaurant.

Scott<>
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2005, 11:54 AM
    This will be the first year since our daughter got married in October 2000, that we didn't go to her place. She and her husband solved the problem of where to go by inviting both sets of parents to their place. I thought very brave of a bride of 6 weeks.

We are reverting back to our dog having more family for Thanksgiving than we will like in 1998. Our friends that have Aster's mother can't take their 6 dogs with them. They are dropping off her and another dog. He isn't related, but still family. In 1998, they left us our Zeke's mother and another related dog. We plan a quiet day at home. My wife's and son's girl friend's work schedules prevent us from getting together.

More company for Aster Saturday evening, her former partner and Aster's replacement dog guide.

From the top, Zeke, Tessa-same father as Zeke and same mother as Princess and Aster, Princess-Zeke's mother.
    wizzkid89 Posts: 243, Reputation: 63

Nov 23, 2005, 12:54 PM
    Thanks for the replies guys, I like hearing how everyone else is celebrating thanksgiving, it's nice to hear these kinds of things from everyone, because we all read everyone's posts and sometimes we feel like we have nothing in common with each other, so it's nice to know that we do share something's, other than opinions, and I want to say happy thanksgiving to everyone if I forget tomorrow, sorry curly, and does anyone know what teams for football will be playing each other tomorrow?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 23, 2005, 02:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wizzkid89
    does anyone know what teams for football will be playing each other tomorrow?
    www.nfl.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Job Hunting W/knee Problems [ 2 Answers ]

i, shattered my knee cap in '01 :( i, have had a second surgery 1/06 to remove hardware. i, just left my job a drivers license examiner due to the physical aspects of the job. i'm in a catch 22. i, can not stand or sit for long periods. According to ssa... my injuries is not considered a...

Cooking a turkey [ 2 Answers ]

How long do you cook a turkey? So many minutes per pound??

View more questions Search