Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bornintheusa Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2007, 11:52 PM
    Financial aid fraud
    I keep getting letters from the student loan people claiming I owe thousands for a loan to go to college in the mid 1980s.
    I never received a check and never had a student loan.They said I have to prove that. How can you prove something you never did ?
    The dead giveaway is after I finished my college courses the college kept sending me bills for current book fees and different stuff. I wasn't enroled , someone was using my ss # and info to obtain fraudalent student loans. I think it was in the admin office.:mad:
    spilihp Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2008, 10:37 PM
    You have proof of how you DID pay for things while in college, don't you? You have bank statements from that time, don't you? If you don't, your bank does. The university has records of how your accounts were paid when you were in college, right? The loans people have records of where the student loan checks were sent, right? If they weren't sent to you or to your bank or to your university accounts, you should be OK. There is always a paper trail in these circumstances. If someone else used your financial information to get a student loan the money was sent somewhere other than to you and the loans people will know (throught looking at their own records) where the money was sent. They need to look into this and if you are innocent you have nothing to fear. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Financial aid [ 2 Answers ]

I Am A College Student And I Am Unable To Get Funds For Computer And Books How Can I Get Some Funds For This I Have Tried Private Loans And Due To My Credit Situation I Am Unabe To Get A Loan What Can I Do.

Getting financial Aid [ 4 Answers ]

Does all financial aid requirements include being registered with Selective Services? If so then a convicted felon will not have that opportunity. Is this true?

Financial Aid [ 2 Answers ]

I am a single mother, and I want to get back into school. I recently applied for financial aid. Will I get it?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Need financial aid and grants! [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking to go back to school and go into nursing. I have a son, and am a single mother. I know about the Pell grant... but are there any other grants that are available to someone like me. I am going to have to work only part time as I have my son full time and I need to go to school full...

Schlorship or financial aid [ 0 Answers ]

Any body who knows about schlorship or financial aid please give guidance.I am studying 7th standard in st. johnes hr secondary school tn state. I am from poor famiy my father expired long before.any body have suggestion ?

View more questions Search