Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    l0veu2 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2007, 05:59 PM
    Is my naval piercing going wrong
    I've had my navel pierced for almost four weeks. I think it's going well but I have a sliver of doubt and am thinking about contacting my piercer for his opinion. The inner hole looks good, good coloring and all. But the top hole is red around the post and seems to be developing tissue that extends up, sometimes attaching to the post. It's not sore, there's no blood or colored discharge or smell - thus my thinking that all is well. However, my research has me wondering if perhaps I have hypertrophic scar tissue.

Is this a serious problem? Am I just being paranoid?

I am desperate for some feed back on this.

Thanks.
    Girlthing6 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2007, 06:05 PM
    Your piercing isn't going wrong... YET! 1

You need to let it breathe. Your pants or cotton shirt are rubbing it. As your piercer stated when you got pierced, clean it well, keep it free from dirt and allow it to heal.

You're doing everything properly except for keeping it covered, this is a NO NO.

Let it air out in the evenings if you can sleep with low rise panties and a tank only... this should help

~Rose

Oct 30, 2007, 06:13 PM
    Thank you for your reassurance and advice, I'll have to give it a try as I do know that some of my shirts are a tad too touchy, especially my gym shirts. Perhaps I'll try a few baggy t's and see if that helps.
    x-SarahBaybii-x Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2007, 06:58 PM
    No I had exacley the same thing. The only thing that will hdefinatley heal it, is go to your doctor and explainit to him. He will prescribe you with a tube of gelm should have a green-ish like label on. Clean your hands and list the bar put it round the top, push down the bar to lubricate the barbell and do it underneath. Repreat three times aday for a week , and it will heal 100%
    Girlthing6 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2007, 07:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by l0veu2
    Thank you for your reassurance and advice, I'll have to give it a try as I do know that some of my shirts are a tad too touchy, especially my gym shirts. Perhaps I'll try a few baggy t's and see if that helps.

You're always welcome... hope it helps! :)
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2007, 09:01 PM
    Letting is breathe is a very good idea. You also need to ensure that you are not overcleaning it, and you are not playing with it too much. I know people can get the tendency to play with it, just because it's there, but piercings are meant to be left alone, not played with. There are so many factors that can cause scarring in piercings, so you have to be very careful.

Another thing I can tell you is don't change the jewelry too soon. Change it at 6 weeks post piercing (if you haven't changed it already). Changing jewelry too soon and too often can irritate the piercing and cause this scarring as well.

Oct 31, 2007, 05:32 AM
    Thanks for all the advice and tips. I will certainly be putting a few of them into use beginning today.

As for changing out the ring, no I haven't done this. My piercer told me to wait 8weeks and I have no intention of doing it sooner so that is all good there.

Hope you all have a fun Halloween.
    Rhollis5678 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2010, 07:26 AM
    Comment on Girlthing6's post
    I'm having the same problem I think. I don't think it's infected, no discolored discharge or anything, just the plasma, no odor. But the top is like sinking in or something. Sounds like the same thing she's talking about? Same advice applied?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Naval piercing [ 10 Answers ]

Just wondering if anyone has had a naval piercing where the bottom part is too far in? The piercer said I have a deep naval that it would relax & come out more. I just had it done a few days ago but isn't coming out. Help.:(

Naval aircraft mechanic cannot get his car started [ 81 Answers ]

So I bought a 1992 honda civic DX auto and after a week of buying it, it crapped out on me. It would crank, but would not fire up. Immediately I began troubleshooting. I checked for spark and there was none when I grounded the plugs against the frame several times while my friend cranked it. Next I...

Pregnant W/ Naval Piercing [ 6 Answers ]

I'm 3 1/2 months pregnant and I have my naval pierced. Some of my friends tell me that I have to take it off cause it isn't good for the pregnancy... Is this true... Please help...

Bloody naval piercing [ 4 Answers ]

I just had my belly button pierced less than a week ago at first everything was pain free & I just felt a minor discomfort (needing to getting used to) it started bleeding none stop the past day & the guy who pierced it said this could be due to anemia... I would hate to take it off so I've sarted...

Wrong place at wrong time [ 11 Answers ]

Hello all Would like you r insight for my sister and her husband. They were recently arrested for murder in the 1st degree and conspiracy to commit robbery. They both claim that they were not going to rob the guy whom was an ex roommate but ask him for the money they felt he owed them when a friend...

View more questions Search