Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xkatiemcx Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2007, 05:17 PM
    How can I make puffball sleeves on my dress?
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEEE HELP MEE

I am making a dress.. it is just a plain straight cream dress but I want 2 add long puff ball sleeves.
    I want these sleeves to be really dramatic however, once I know how to actually make a puffball sleeve I can work how to make them bigger and more puffier etc out by myself
    SOO...

HOW DO I MAKE LONG PUFFBALL SLEEVES?
    ALSO HOW CAN I MAKE THEM VERY PUFFIE HAHA
    THANKS GUYS!
    KT X
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 21, 2007, 10:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by xkatiemcx
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEEE HELP MEE

I am making a dress.. it is just a plain straight cream dress but i want 2 add long puff ball sleeves.
    I want these sleeves to be really dramatic however, once i know how to actualy make a puffball sleeve i can work how to make them bigger and more puffier etc out by myself
    SOO...

HOW DO I MAKE LONG PUFFBALL SLEEVES?
    ALSO HOW CAN I MAKE THEM VERY PUFFIE HAHA
    THANKS GUYS!
    KT X
    Visit this website and see if you can find anything you can work with

NexTag - Compare Prices Before You Buy
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2007, 10:52 AM
    1942—Modern Pattern Design—Chapter 4—Sleeve Patterns

Try this link.
    itchyhands Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2011, 02:09 PM
    If the ones you make aren't coming out right, you can try using http://www.gatheringguide.com to find a store near you that sells fairytale dresses like that. I've tried before and they're pretty hard. The trick is folding the fabric back onto itself every few inches around each end of the sleeve so the middle fans out unruffled (and bigger than the ruffled ends). Then sew a seam around both ends and you have a sleeve.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cast iron sleeves in concrete [ 3 Answers ]

I installed cast iron pipe sleeves in a concrete wall and need to remove at least 3" of the sleeve to get the conduit seal in the wall. I need a way to remove that with minimal damage to the exterior of the wall.

Plumbing sleeves for pool replumbing [ 2 Answers ]

Does anybody know of a product for resleeving 1.5 copper pool pipe? I am repairing a concrete/plaster inground pool built in the late 50's. 1.5 inch copper pipe was used. I know I have a leak on the return line and also believe I have one on the main pool drain (the pool water level drops to...

Bride dress. [ 9 Answers ]

Please my friend is getting married,and I would like you to give me all the sites that are available for a bride dress.Thanks.

Dress shoppin [ 2 Answers ]

OK mi 8th grade dance is coming up and I need a dress.. caan you guys help to find somewere were ic can get one pleasss... please don't say deb or nordstroms.. lol I need online places

Help! Need dress [ 1 Answers ]

Ok here is my scenario. I have all of my bridesmaid dresses and my dress, but I need semi formal dresses for my candlelighters that aren't expensive (Like under $40) They have to have thick straps and be covering everything (couldnt think of the word) Can anybody help me? :( :confused:

View more questions Search