Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    022391girl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2007, 04:25 PM
    tile foors
    I'm going to be re-placing all of the grout on the kitchen floor. The ceramic tiles were installed 2005. They are 12x12. The grout has literally come out from between tiles. What tools will I need? And what prep needs to be done? Thank-you,beth kona,mesa,az:D
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2007, 04:33 PM
    You will need a grout file and plenty of elbow grease. I don't envy you that job. Was the grout mixed wrong? It shouldn't need replacing so soon.
    schwim Posts: 132, Reputation: 22

Aug 29, 2007, 05:47 PM
    If you have access to it, a rotozip or dremel both have bits specifically for grout removal, and will speed your job up considerably with no negative impact. The bit didn't marr the finish of the floor tile at all, and cleaned up the lines in a jif. I have a plastic hoop attachment as well for the rotozip that allowed me to attach a vacuum hose while I was working, as it gets awfully messy otherwise.

Thanks,
    Json

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I Tile over Tile? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello. I am about to start gutting out one of our bathrooms. Our plan is to replace the existing floor tiles. Can I lay the new tiles over the existing ones if they are all solidily in place. If yes how is this done? Thank you!

Can I use cut floor tile for a tile baseboard? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I laid down 13"by13" tile for my bathroom floor, and it looks pretty good. I have enough tile left over to make a tile baseboard. The width could be anywhere from 3 inches to 6.5 inches. What would be best? Would the finish edge at the top look strange? How could I make it look best? ...

Cleanest method of merging between tile & drywall/tile & tub [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there guys, I'm drywalling my tub enclosure, preparing for tile, and I've got two questions before I continue: 1) In the past, I've simply placed the rockboard/drywall line about two inches below the terminating line of tile. Is this the best way to handle this? Do you simply bevel the...

Tile over tile [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have old 1" pink tile on the bathroom floor and 4" pink tile on wall half way up the wall . Could I just tile over the old tile and not worry about it? This may seem the really lazy to do it , but if it will work... what the heck. I have 1' tiles for floor and wall and am installing a...

Tile [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between ceramic or porcelain tile?

View more questions Search