Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scooker94 Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Aug 25, 2007, 02:28 PM
    Cartlidge periceing!
    :confused: should I get my cartlidge periced?I'm a 13 year old and I have the home gun pierceing kit my friend(shes like 19 she is my teacher(for bible study)i trust her and everything and my mom says I can-i have two holes in each lobe--well should iiiii? The kit is sterile and I feel its self motivating! I am very responsible and everything I can keep it clean and everything I've never had in infection in 4 piercings
    Many answers are very appreciated!:D I'm very excited! I don't really have any fears about it because I've looked it up on g o o g l e!

Aug 25, 2007, 04:54 PM
    Can someone please answers?please~!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 25, 2007, 05:33 PM
    Please be patient, the folks who may have an answer to your question are apparently not on line.
    Expert

Aug 25, 2007, 05:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by scooker94
    i dont really have any fears about it b/c iv looked it up on g o o g l e!

You have looked it up on Google and you aren't afraid. Well, my dear, you SHOULD be afraid. Google is not the doctor of the internet. There is still a lot of bad information out there. Just because it is on Google doesn't mean you should take it as gospel.

Aug 25, 2007, 05:55 PM
    I know Google isent a doctor-but my friends(I mean my friends that we've prayed about it )and Google is MOSTly correct I'm just wondering r these good reasons for getting it done? I've read a lot of your answers and they seem very helpful-im not taking Google as a gospel at all it haves a lot of accurate answers I read the direction for pericing and they r the same as gogle and I've seen the pics of the piercings on google-im not saying Google is like everything I go for if I have a question =]
    kt1205 Posts: 125, Reputation: 4
    -

Aug 25, 2007, 06:06 PM
    I heard that you shouldn't use a gun for the cartilige. I can't remember why. But a pericing place near where I live had to quit doing it that way because it caused problems

Aug 25, 2007, 06:08 PM
    it olnly causes problems if it isent already an instered stud and its not sterile-all of my stuff is sterile and has never been opened/touched =]
    Expert

Aug 25, 2007, 07:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by scooker94
    google is MOSTly correct
    Wrong again. Google is NOT mostly correct. Anyone can have a website that shows up on Google.

I could make a website on how to cook noodles. If I say on that site that noodles can be cooked in mud, it will still show up on Google, although we know that noodles have to be cooked in boiling water.

Please do not rely on Google for factual information.

If you want a piercing, please go to a professional piercer to avoid potentially serious complications.

Google is ONLY a search engine and should not be taken as professional advice.
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2007, 11:15 PM
    Hello I am pierced. A professional studio is the only place to get pierced. It will also make sure you have adult consent (if you are a minor) and judging by your post I think you are-

Google cannot pierce you. Just like it is not a dcotor-this site is for advice only as well.

Therefore it cannot give you the right advice OR right information for YOUR oWN ANATOMY. Understand this and things will work out fine-go to a professional studio-that is welcoming and appears sterile, then ask your questions.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2007, 05:16 AM
    I would not pierce your cartilage yourself. Now although it isn't really safe for your lobes to do it yourself, I agree with that more, as I did my lobes myself when I was about your age. Cartilage peiercing are a different thing, and I don't think it's wise for you to do it yourself at home. If your mom already said you can, then I'm sure she would be willing to take you to get it professionally done.

Sep 8, 2007, 12:49 PM
    ok first of all thanks for ur opinions, i had my friend bethany do it and it was hardly anything to get worked up about-iv had it done for 3 or 4 days now and i love it! i have a blue sapphire stud in it and it is kinda uncomftable when i try to sleep but i can't sleep on it yet it was on my right ear-its so pretty totally worth it -i plan on getting my other side done when this one heals iv been cleaning it and everything and theres no redness or swlling but it hurts a lil bit when i touch it-so overall thanks!:)
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2007, 12:51 PM
    Make sure you take good care of it and make sure it is cleaned twice a day. Piercing guns are not a good thing to get pierced with, and in my opinion, should not be allowed to be used.
    ValarieCB Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2007, 07:20 PM
    From my understanding it is better to have your cartlidge pierced with a needle. A gun breaks the cartlidge, where a needle actually removes the cartlidge... suppose to be better. I had my cartlidge pierced with a gun, and the scar is minimal. I would recommend you go to a professional... it's not terribly expensive. :) I would say its worth it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cartlidge piercing [ 4 Answers ]

I had my cartlidge pierced about 6 weeks ago and when I took the stud out to change it I noticed a knot on the back of my ear is this anything to be concerned about it is still sore to touch thank you sivy

View more questions Search