Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    darniboy Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Jul 8, 2007, 03:11 PM
    I have never passed maths in my life!
    I'm a 15 year old girl and I have never passed a exam for maths in my life. I feel like such a failure I put so much effort into it and try so hard and then there's other kids in my class who don't revise and just pass instantely.

Its so unfair I hate being dum. I've tried maths tutors but I just can't stand them thing is I really want to pass maths make my family proud. The thing I get stuck on most in exams is questions with a story with them I never seem to no how to work it out.!

Any advice?
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2007, 03:13 PM
    Don't feel bad, it doesn't mean you are dumb! I'm no good at Math either, everyone else got at least up to Calculus when I was in high school, and I BARELY passed Pre-Algebra. I took Pre-Algebra all four years of high school, failed it my freshman, sophomore and junior year, and FINALLY passed my Senior year. Its nothing to be embarrassed about, math is hard! :)
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2007, 03:24 PM
    Oh Darn, don't be hard on yourself. Me and Math never ever ever saw eye to eye. Ever. It truly hurt my head. Gives me shivers just thinking about... a= b + whatever... aaaaah.

Anyway, you keep trying your best and you know what, that grade you get, is so worth an A, because you gave it everything and didn't give up.

I am sure there are subjects that come so naturally to you. School is so very hard. Some kids just absorb things like a sponge, too me, I feel better when I have to work harder at something makes me feel as though I accomplished something.

Chin up girl, you are not alone there :)
    Skrypt Posts: 156, Reputation: 25

Jul 11, 2007, 02:22 PM
    Hi, I'm 15 and I'm Really bad at math. Hope this cheers you up a little :)

I'm really good in English, History and Psychology. (those writing subjects.)
    My class average in academic math was a 60% so know you're not alone. I'm really really really stupid in math but it doesn't bother me too much. In fact I think I only passed 2-3 tests this year (LOL)

All I can say is attend every class, Never give up,and hopefully the teacher may give you a pity mark of above 50% if you have high marks on other subjects. Friends that help too are good also. And Hand in every piece of homework you can

Sorry it's not "real advice" but at least this may give you a chuckle :P
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2007, 09:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkelz
    hi i noe u r haveing problmes with math but i have a other problem i forgot my myspace password do u noe how to get it back
    Click "forgot your password?" and follow the instructions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maths [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have problem with this question. Hope you can find a solution for this question. Philip, the proprietor of a vineyard, estimates at the first 10000 bottles of wine produce this season will fetch a profit of $5 per bottle. However, the profit from each bottle beyond 10000 drop by $0.0002...

Maths Puzzle [ 3 Answers ]

The Brightvale Institute of Technology needed new Maths books, so they ordered a new set from Brightvale Books. When they got the books back from the printers, however, they discovered that there had been a horrible mistake. Apparently the printer scrambled up all the digits in the printing...

2 maths exercises [ 3 Answers ]

1. A pipe fills a pool in 4 hours, another pipe drains a full pool in 6 hours. How long will it take to fill the pool if both pipes are opened? 2. A pool is connected with 3 pipes. Two pipes fill the pool and one drains it. It takes 3 hours for first pipe to fill the pool and 2 hours for the 2nd...

Advance maths [ 2 Answers ]

Need some help with vectors and functions or any website with these information relating to vectors and functions. VECTORS -addition, subtraction, and multiplication of vectors by a scalar -displacement and position vectors -magnitude of a vector -equal. Parallel and perpendicular vectors ...

View more questions Search